Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Looking for Emirati 18-25 willing to be interviewed

Looking for Emirati 18-25 willing to be interviewed

Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking for Emirati 18-25 willing to be interviewed

So, I out myself, especially if you post on other forums... I'm a sometime writer and am looking for a couple more Emiratis to interview for a piece on Emirati youth in the UAE for M Magazine, The National.

The focus will be on the pressures currently facing this generation, their daily lives and their hopes and dreams. I'm looking for two individuals, preferably male between 18-23. The article will be a main feature for the magazine, to be published at the beginning of August.

Please contact me if you know someone who would be interested? I leave on Saturday morning so time is of the essence. Do you work with anyone who fancies getting their picture on the front cover, or even prepared to chat anonymously? I'm in Dubai all day Thursday or Abu Dhabi on previous days.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:48 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Emirati 18-25 willing to be interviewed

I'll drop a couple of my Emirati friends a line. I'll let you know if there interested.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I'll drop a couple of my Emirati friends a line. I'll let you know if there interested.
Thanks, much appreciated.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Any folk at work who fancy a bit of lime light?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:08 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
So, I out myself, especially if you post on other forums... I'm a sometime writer and am looking for a couple more Emiratis to interview for a piece on Emirati youth in the UAE for M Magazine, The National.

The focus will be on the pressures currently facing this generation, their daily lives and their hopes and dreams. I'm looking for two individuals, preferably male between 18-23. The article will be a main feature for the magazine, to be published at the beginning of August.

Please contact me if you know someone who would be interested? I leave on Saturday morning so time is of the essence. Do you work with anyone who fancies getting their picture on the front cover, or even prepared to chat anonymously? I'm in Dubai all day Thursday or Abu Dhabi on previous days.

You'll get a better response if you ask on Twitter as there are loads on Emiratis on there. Do you have an account? If so, PM me and Blue Cat and we can also retweet for you.

PS. Do we know (of) each other?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
You'll get a better response if you ask on Twitter as there are loads on Emiratis on there. Do you have an account? If so, PM me and Blue Cat and we can also retweet for you.

PS. Do we know (of) each other?
Done.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

why male? if you dont mind me asking...
Old Jul 13th 2011, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
why male? if you dont mind me asking...
No worries. I had already interviewed two women and, out of 5, i wanted the weight in favour of the male as they are more like to be outspoken.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

No worries. I had already interviewed two women and, out of 5, i wanted the weight in favour of the male as they are more like to be outspoken.
I don't have any Emirati friends, and only a very limited number of Emirati colleagues / acquaintances, none of whom are female However, from watching the TV and experiencing the driving behaviour of women I assume to be Emirati, it would surprise me if--in the right circumstances--Emirati women were any less outspoken than Emirati men. Am I wrong?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:03 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

If you still need someone, then drop me a PM and I can ask my Emirati colleagues if their brothers want to be involved.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I don't have any Emirati friends, and only a very limited number of Emirati colleagues / acquaintances, none of whom are female However, from watching the TV and experiencing the driving behaviour of women I assume to be Emirati, it would surprise me if--in the right circumstances--Emirati women were any less outspoken than Emirati men. Am I wrong?
No you're not wrong. They are as outspoken but won't put any of that on record no matter how 'supportive' they have been claiming their parents are for the previous hour in the interview. They can't stick their head above the parapet. It's to do with marriage value; apparently, there are also more women than men here so they try to remain as discreet and as a attractive as possible.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tillybean
If you still need someone, then drop me a PM and I can ask my Emirati colleagues if their brothers want to be involved.
Thanks Tillybean, but i've got my peeps now.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

It was a long time coming but was in M Magazine at the weekend. If any of you are particularly bored:

http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/...l-the-pressure
Old Aug 29th 2011, 6:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you should do something on the new initiative @thinkupGCC focusing on Emirati business etc
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

This is a society experiencing the fastest change ever. A fascinating time to be around here if you're interested in this kind of thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.