Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

LIFE IN DUBAI FOR A BRITISH EXPAT

LIFE IN DUBAI FOR A BRITISH EXPAT

Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:46 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default LIFE IN DUBAI FOR A BRITISH EXPAT

Hi to all you expats living in dubai, i thought i post this thread about life in dubai for a british expat living in the sand pit & how your life compares to your old life in UK
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIFE IN DUBAI FOR A BRITISH EXPAT

Originally Posted by pjj
Hi to all you expats living in dubai, i thought i post this thread about life in dubai for a british expat living in the sand pit & how your life compares to your old life in UK
Freelance journalist, no?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pjj
It was great until me and my 2 mates got arrested for possesion of a 'legal high' drug and had our bollocks electrocuted in the nick by the rozzers to force a confession out of us.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:55 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Freelance journalist, no?
no im not a journlist
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
It was great until me and my 2 mates got arrested for possesion of a 'legal high' drug and had our bollocks electrocuted in the nick by the rozzers to force a confession out of us.
And were picked up from outside Rock Bottoms....
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

And were picked up from outside Rock Bottoms....
And then got nekkid in back of a cab with an Irish builder and a "£100k a year" recruitment consultant with massive chebs
Old Feb 21st 2013, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pjj
no im not a journlist
Are you sure? Your inability to spell indicated a Guardianista level of competence...

Last edited by OleJanx; Feb 21st 2013 at 4:05 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This appears to be needed at both ends.
Attached Thumbnails LIFE IN DUBAI FOR A BRITISH EXPAT-511hakuy2sl__aa160_.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:12 pm
pjj
sun lover

Are you sure? Your inability to spell indicated a Guardianista level of competence...
grow up you are boring me
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lol at zero tolerance.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Lol at zero tolerance.
On the contrary, I'm very tolerant to people who make an effort, however, when a blunder-brain is unable to do a quick search, and expects everybody else to do their research, then, yes, I do get pissed off. I have helped people who have made an effort, and will continue to do so, but such a wide ranging request indicated a distinct lack of interest in helping themselves. MEH!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:38 pm
pjj
sun lover

snip.
thanks you have been a great help
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pjj
thanks you have been a great help
You're unwelcome. Try a library or a bookshop. You'll find many helpful books on the subject. Best is the Explorer's residents' guide.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dubai-Comp...item48513aa9df

Last edited by OleJanx; Feb 21st 2013 at 4:45 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:43 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there are plenty of books out there.

Ahem.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Yes, there are plenty of books out there.

Ahem.
My apologies! This is a VERY good book, and gives a very clear idea of what happens when the Dubai dream goes pear shaped! Check out Amazon for the E-book! Very modestly priced.

( Sorry littlejimmy , should have pointed the OP in your direction )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.