Letter from Nakheel

Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:49 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Letter from Nakheel

Hi guys,
Need your collective wisdom on a problem a friend has :-) He bought a place in JVT and needs to change the DEWA into his name. However DEWA need a letter from DLD (?) to say that the property belongs to him and this is something Nakheel must do (as the land owner). But they're dragging their heels, just sent him a holding letter in October.
Any ideas on how to 'expedite' obtaining the necessary letter from Nakheel?

Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter from Nakheel

If he has bought the place, there must be a title deed or something in his name. Otherwise, how can he prove that he owns it? Not really sure what Nakheel are expected to do.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Hi guys,
Need your collective wisdom on a problem a friend has :-) He bought a place in JVT and needs to change the DEWA into his name. However DEWA need a letter from DLD (?) to say that the property belongs to him and this is something Nakheel must do (as the land owner). But they're dragging their heels, just sent him a holding letter in October.
Any ideas on how to 'expedite' obtaining the necessary letter from Nakheel?

Thanks
Get him to talk to our very own Meow, she should be able to help..she loves taking on a Goliath
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:36 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
If he has bought the place, there must be a title deed or something in his name. Otherwise, how can he prove that he owns it? Not really sure what Nakheel are expected to do.
Yes he has the Title Deed but it's something to do with land ownership as Nakheel are currently the owners and it requires a letter from the DLD (dunno what that is).
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

DLD = Dubai Land Department

http://www.dubailand.gov.ae/english/...ontact_us.aspx
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

I now have some clarity (sorry my friends first language is not English). He bought the property and has all the receipts etc but doesn't have the Title Deed and that's what he needs. He has spoken to the DLD who told him he has to go through Nakheel. He has emailed 2 different people in Nakheel who basically have not helped, now he needs a phone number or an email of someone higher up the totem pole in order to gain some traction on it. Does anyone know who to talk to?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I now have some clarity (sorry my friends first language is not English). He bought the property and has all the receipts etc but doesn't have the Title Deed and that's what he needs. He has spoken to the DLD who told him he has to go through Nakheel. He has emailed 2 different people in Nakheel who basically have not helped, now he needs a phone number or an email of someone higher up the totem pole in order to gain some traction on it. Does anyone know who to talk to?
Let me guess. He didn't use a lawyer when buying?

As Patsy said, I can probably help, but he'll need to contact me with some info. You have my main email address.

EDIT> I think I've tracked down their 'title registration officer' and I can also approach their PR people.

Last edited by Meow; Jan 31st 2013 at 10:04 am.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Let me guess. He didn't use a lawyer when buying?

As Patsy said, I can probably help, but he'll need to contact me with some info. You have my main email address.

EDIT> I think I've tracked down their 'title registration officer' and I can also approach their PR people.
xxx
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Hi MW,

Has your friend bought directly from the developer, or on the 2nd market?

I will be able to help but without writing lengthy replies on both, it would be helpful to know.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Hi MW,

Has your friend bought directly from the developer, or on the 2nd market?

I will be able to help but without writing lengthy replies on both, it would be helpful to know.
don't worry sweetie..Meow has got this
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

ah ok PS. Good to know
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:06 am
Account Closed

Meow that's brilliant work thank you very much but, as things would have it, he received the letter yesterday.

Thanks guys
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Meow that's brilliant work thank you very much but, as things would have it, he received the letter yesterday.

Thanks guys
They read this forum and suddenly realised that Meow was going to get in touch!