Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

to the legal minded folks

to the legal minded folks

Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default to the legal minded folks

Got a neighbour who is normally a bit of a dick. I'm sure he thinks roughly the same of me. We fell out when I saw him punch my cat off the wall about a year ago. Told him he was a dick, last we talked.

Anyway, he has a load of these trees here that are like bamboo and grow about a foot a day. They are now starting to obstruct my view. In passing, I asked him to trim them on my side at least. He told me to do it myself so I suggested if so, I'd do it horizontally at the same height my wall was. 2 hours later he hand delivered a letter saying thay he would only accept a request to do this from the owner of my property (he is polish and owns, I rent from an Egyptian if it makes much difference).

It pissed me more off that he refused to accommodate me than the problem itself. Should I jigsaw the ****ers down myself and refer him to his request I trim them down, or pour 50l of weedkiller over the wall?

I doubt I can be arsed with the police, but it is restricting our rather limited view of the sky...?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: to the legal minded folks

set fire to them
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

There are better saws than a jigsaw for that purpose. Chainsaw springs to mind. The cat punching f***er won't pick a scrap with someone with chainsaw in hand
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

wait till midnight and pour a good covering of deisel on bottom of said tree's. Alll done sit back and deny all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rule no. 1

IF YOU DID IT DENY IT!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 11:35 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Got a neighbour who is normally a bit of a dick. I'm sure he thinks roughly the same of me. We fell out when I saw him punch my cat off the wall about a year ago. Told him he was a dick, last we talked.

Anyway, he has a load of these trees here that are like bamboo and grow about a foot a day. They are now starting to obstruct my view. In passing, I asked him to trim them on my side at least. He told me to do it myself so I suggested if so, I'd do it horizontally at the same height my wall was. 2 hours later he hand delivered a letter saying thay he would only accept a request to do this from the owner of my property (he is polish and owns, I rent from an Egyptian if it makes much difference).

It pissed me more off that he refused to accommodate me than the problem itself. Should I jigsaw the ****ers down myself and refer him to his request I trim them down, or pour 50l of weedkiller over the wall?

I doubt I can be arsed with the police, but it is restricting our rather limited view of the sky...?
Cut them down deny the letter, its too late once there gone.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983

Speak to the Municipality, they have banned these trees because of the damage they do to properties/gardens and pipes. My next door neighbour (a bigwig local from AD) had to get rid of all of his last year. They are banned from the Palm and other developments. Explain to the municipality that they are blocking your view and damaging your lawn.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Chin him
Old Jan 6th 2012, 4:03 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Patsy is spot on.

Report him and he will have to dig 'em up. They're now illegal.

Can I admit to harbouring tree killing plans in the uk? My neighbours tree used to wind me into a frenzy. I'd read diesel worked but ... Ooh... The karma! Killing a tree is bad, surely?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

My Dad back in the UK had got pissed off with a tree in his neighbour's garden. Their house was rented, so when one tenant left, he cut down the tree while the place was vacant and the owner was none the wiser...
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:01 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

Copper nails will kill the buggers, but will take some time...

Hidden beneath the bark, nobody will spot them
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:05 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

How very nice of you. I'd have a quiet word along the lines that cutting them will be less painful a lot quicker
Old Jan 7th 2012, 5:47 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

As a lawyer I feel the need to advise you as follows:-

Beware of any action outside a formal legal route - a few good honest citizens have been caught by CCTV doing daft things to neighbours property and have been bang to rights. Sounds like he would enjoy prosecuting you. Follow the right channels and win the right way - that type of victory is sweeter in the end.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:34 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Go down the weedkiller route - if caught act innocent and say you must have used too much when killing weeds near your wall.

N.