Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Kuwati parliamentary candidate - "Sex slaves should be legal"

Kuwati parliamentary candidate - "Sex slaves should be legal"

Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kuwati parliamentary candidate - "Sex slaves should be legal"

Originally Posted by WakeUp
Are you sure that there is no role for religion in todays society?

Is it just coincidence that as people move away from religion we have more societal issues? Rising peadophilia, street crime, drug issues, "sexualisation of children", etc. I am not saying that religion will solve all of these problems, but it certainly can't hurt.

Many scientists and astronomers believe in God and religion for similar reasons as discribed in Sherri's earlier post. The world and universe is just too beautiful to be a coincidence IMO.

I think that getting closer to religion has actually increased child abuse. Just look at the Catholic church.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
What kind of supreme being demands human worship N.
OMG, you are the Devil in disguise!!

It's a pleasure to meet you Sir. I have so many questions - oh where to start, I’m so excited....

Ok can you please clarify a few things?

a) How did you manage to fck up with God and still got away with it until the judgement day - tips please, i need it for this region.

Perhaps you can provide some inside information:

Do they really have Garden of Eden and Virgins; more importantly are they Curvy and Dirtyyy? Do you know if any of the prophets have reserved Nigella, if so, does God allow trade-ins? Coz if he doesn’t then bugger it I’m not putting in any effort I’ll rather sit on your side and have a good banter, do you have a good collection of sex on Blu-ray? No No No, I’m not interested in shagging Paris Hilton.

Appreciate your help.

Last edited by sherri; Jun 8th 2011 at 6:50 am. Reason: Norm, You know I'm kidding so don't take it seriously
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:46 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norsk
I don't think you can necessarily prove that any those things are a bigger problem today than what they were in the past. For example there have been plenty of paedophiles through all time and it is described in literature and philosophy writings, but it is only in the last 30 years or so that it has become a public concern. Street crime? Get real! Drugs? People have been drugging themselves through history to forget about their lousy lives. Claiming that this is getting worse due to lack of religion is ridiculous. In fact I don't believe for a second that it is worse today than what it was 1000 years ago, just that the drugs are different and perhaps more available.

In relation to the scientists and astronomers of course there are religious people amongst them. Why wouldn't there be? Are you saying that just because they understand some pretty complex things about life and the universe they cannot have doubts about the bigger picture? Religion is about explaining the unexplainable remember!!

All I am saying is that religion is less important today than what it was 2000 years ago, and since it actually creates more problems than it solves (which I know is a claim I cannot prove) I believe it would be better if it is abandoned as a concept. As a minimum I believe people should stop letting it run their lives...
To be fair I don't think that anything that I said was ridiculous, and I don't think that anything you said was ridiculous. We have different view points and neither can be proved definitively.

You are right religion is less important today. But your original post said that there was no place for religion in todays society to this I completely disagree, its not for everyone and I would not describe myself as being religious either. But I do see a place for religion if it teaches the right things. I have already said that currently it does not. If it highlighted similarities rather than differences I think it could make a positive difference.

It seems a little arrogant to me to just abandon ides that the vast majority of humans believe in (in one form or another) just because it doesn't suit our current lifestyle.

You are entitled to your opinion on the matter and so am I without being classed as ridiculous and this is my point we are conditioned that anyone who is different to us is wrong and should be shunned (humans in general, not just Westerners).
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Meow
I think that getting closer to religion has actually increased child abuse. Just look at the Catholic church.
For sure this is an easy subject to pick on and is an abhorrent thing to anyone who has morals of any kind. I am also appalled by the lack of action taken by the Catholic church, but then they did apoint a Nazi as the Pope.

Unfortunately Paedophiles are everywhere, in our shcools, and nurseries. Did you see the recent story in the UK about that 20 year old? Awful.

I'm not sure that you can blame religion for an upsurge, as Norsk stated earlier its been around forever, maybe our attitudes have changed relatively recently.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by sherri
Do they really have Garden of Eden and Virgins; more importantly are they Curvy and Dirtyyy? Do you know if any of the prophets have reserved Nigella, if so, does God allow trade-ins? Coz if he doesn’t then bugger it I’m not putting in any effort I’ll rather sit on your side and have a good banter, do you have a good collection of sex on Blu-ray? No No No, I’m not interested in shagging Paris Hilton.

Appreciate your help.
Personally I hope that all Angels look like SuicideGirls
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:40 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Apols for being naff & quoting myself, but if that was a controversial comment, as has been suggested, what about the Prophet Mohammed and his wife Aisha? She was apparently aged 6 or 7 when they became bethrothed and just 9 when the marriage was consumated. This is cited in contemporary sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

*awaits fatwa*
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:45 am

*awaits fatwa*
I know this is old and we have all seen it before but....

Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:04 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair I don't think that anything that I said was ridiculous, and I don't think that anything you said was ridiculous. We have different view points and neither can be proved definitively.

You are right religion is less important today. But your original post said that there was no place for religion in todays society to this I completely disagree, its not for everyone and I would not describe myself as being religious either. But I do see a place for religion if it teaches the right things. I have already said that currently it does not. If it highlighted similarities rather than differences I think it could make a positive difference.

It seems a little arrogant to me to just abandon ides that the vast majority of humans believe in (in one form or another) just because it doesn't suit our current lifestyle.

You are entitled to your opinion on the matter and so am I without being classed as ridiculous and this is my point we are conditioned that anyone who is different to us is wrong and should be shunned (humans in general, not just Westerners).
I must admit I was stirring a little bit to see how you and others would react, but my sincere opinion is that religion has to a large extent passed its sell by date for most (if maybe not all) people.

I classed your point as ridiculous because you claimed that people putting less and less emphasis on religion was directly causing an increase in paedophilia, street crime and drug use..

You are right. I am entitled to my opinion and so are you. This is the beauty of human nature - we are independent thinkers with personal opinions. My biggest issue with religion is that it tries to counter this by imposing rules and restrictions that make no sense in today's society (for most people).

And by the way my pet hate is those people who lived their entire lives doing bad stuff (in sin? ) and then suddenly on their deathbed (or in a similar difficult moment) they become religious as a last resort to avoid going to hell! What a crock?!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Apols for being naff & quoting myself, but if that was a controversial comment, as has been suggested, what about the Prophet Mohammed and his wife Aisha? She was apparently aged 6 or 7 when they became bethrothed and just 9 when the marriage was consumated. This is cited in contemporary sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

*awaits fatwa*
Try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._birth_mothers

I can’t remember the exact details around Prophet Mohammed and his wife Aisha but I think 1400 yrs ago these sort of decisions were made considering the puberty age. Perhaps Precocious puberty, in Aisha’s case?

As we know, Puberty is the process of physical changes by which a child's body becomes an adult body capable of reproduction.Puberty is initiated by hormone signals from the brain to the gonads (the ovaries and testes). In response, the gonads produce a variety of hormones that stimulate the growth, function, or transformation of brain, bones, muscle, blood, skin, hair, breasts, and sex organs. Perhaps that explains Mohammed’s decision and the reason for a lot of young mothers (as per above wiki). Not everything looks ‘rational’ from the onset. I think I’ve said that before....

and don’t you worry about fatwa's, your troops are always ready to protect you ma'am, I am a loyal servant

Last edited by sherri; Jun 8th 2011 at 8:55 am.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

I know this is old and we have all seen it before but....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=neTsQng-70o

Cheers Wakeup
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by norsk
I must admit I was stirring a little bit to see how you and others would react, but my sincere opinion is that religion has to a large extent passed its sell by date for most (if maybe not all) people.

I classed your point as ridiculous because you claimed that people putting less and less emphasis on religion was directly causing an increase in paedophilia, street crime and drug use..

You are right. I am entitled to my opinion and so are you. This is the beauty of human nature - we are independent thinkers with personal opinions. My biggest issue with religion is that it tries to counter this by imposing rules and restrictions that make no sense in today's society (for most people).

And by the way my pet hate is those people who lived their entire lives doing bad stuff (in sin? ) and then suddenly on their deathbed (or in a similar difficult moment) they become religious as a last resort to avoid going to hell! What a crock?!
I was pointing out that it seemed to be a pretty big coincidence that religion goes on the downlow and people at the same time complain about the state of society, communities breaking down etc. I am well aware of the problems caused by religion.

I completely agree regarding "bad" people turning to God, that is a crock as far as I am concerned. In fact the 'born-again Christian' types seem to mostly have a shady past that they are trying to hide and are incredibly hypocritical.

Everyone should be allowed to believe what they want and having that right is the most basic of human rights, but it should never caused harm directly or indirectly to anyone else. If this was recognised by everyone the world would be a far better place IMO.

Groovy man
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:08 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

There's plenty of it in Islam too...given the founder married a nine year old girl (and consumated the marriage) this is not surprising.

And don't get me started on genital mutilation of little boys and girls...disgusting.

N.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:27 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

You'd better pick a better religion than the Abrahamic ones. Judaism hardly mentions an afterlife. Christianity teaches we'll all be like angels singing to god forever (my how exciting) and Islam teaches men will be surrounded by perpetual virgins, rivers of wine () and when you get bored of the virgins doe eyed boys will be provided...ace.

I think I prefer Valhalla...it's an extension of my current lifestyle anyway but probably with better beer.

N.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

There's plenty of it in Islam too...given the founder married a nine year old girl (and consumated the marriage) this is not surprising.
I thought I provided a rational explanation but then I’m a dolt and you are an Atheist

And don't get me started on genital mutilation of little boys and girls...disgusting N.
You are doing it again... mixing culture with religion. An intelligent person like you should know that this is an African thing, although it has also been reported to occur in individual tribes in South America and Australia.

A Greek papyrus from 163 B.C. mentions both boys and girls in Egypt undergoing genital mutilation and it is widely accepted to have originated in Egypt and the Nile valley at the time of the Pharaohs. Evidence from mummies has shown both Type I and Type III FGC present. Now this is well before Islam my friend.....

Coptic Pope Shenouda, the leader of Egypt's minority Christian community, said that neither the Qur'an nor the Bible demand or mention female genital cutting.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting
FGC = Female genital cutting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.