Shooting in LAS VEGAS

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 3:34 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shooting in LAS VEGAS

And yet again a senseless act of terrorism by a 'lone gunman' and ofcourse the so called Islamic State to quick to jump on the bandwagon to claim it. Sometimes I feel they would claim an earthquake or a hurricane if they could as well.
But having said that, my prayers for the families of the ones left behind, may they find solace and comfort and strength to carry on. It IS going to be difficult in the first few months.
And heres a bet that that Orange Orangutan will side with the NRA / Gun Lobby and somehow put any form of Racist spin on it just to shore up his already depleting voter base.

Stephen Paddock named as Las Vegas gunman suspect - BBC News
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 3:41 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shooting in LAS VEGAS

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
And yet again a senseless act of terrorism by a 'lone gunman' and ofcourse the so called Islamic State to quick to jump on the bandwagon to claim it. Sometimes I feel they would claim an earthquake or a hurricane if they could as well.
But having said that, my prayers for the families of the ones left behind, may they find solace and comfort and strength to carry on. It IS going to be difficult in the first few months.
And heres a bet that that Orange Orangutan will side with the NRA / Gun Lobby and somehow put any form of Racist spin on it just to shore up his already depleting voter base.

Don't worry, the orange on has already sent his 'warmest condolences' to victims and families, by tweet, of course.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 3:53 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Don't worry, the orange on has already sent his 'warmest condolences' to victims and families, by tweet, of course.
yeah I saw the 'warmest' bit and my blood was boiling, you know hate is a pretty strong word and I dont like using it too often, its a very very negative feeling to have inside you, but I do so hate this BUM!
I wish I can buy Twitter just so I can shut it down ONLY for the satisfaction of seeing that Bum squirm.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

It is a truly despicable act. What gave him the right? ****ing, ****ing arsehole.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Got to disagree it is "terrorism", since there is no political or ideological agenda/motive.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Got to disagree it is "terrorism", since there is no political or ideological agenda/motive.
How do you know?

Anyway. It's irrelevant what it is, it's tragic, endemic in a gun-filled society and heart breaking for the families.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:09 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

The meme going around on local whatsapp groups last night showed the photo of the gunman holding what is clearly a shot of a strong alcoholic drink with his Filipina girlfriend nuzzling up to him, captioned: "Daesh claimed this!"

Some comfort in the horror to have daesh so widely and publicly mocked, especially with that audience.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
The meme going around on local whatsapp groups last night showed the photo of the gunman holding what is clearly a shot of a strong alcoholic drink with his Filipina girlfriend nuzzling up to him, captioned: "Daesh claimed this!"

Some comfort in the horror to have daesh so widely and publicly mocked, especially with that audience.
I had her down as a Viet.

Deffo one of those creepy old guys you see in the Asian rat holes.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
What is the difference between a terrorist and a fanatic?

I would have thought anyone who uses violence as a means to an end would be called a terrorist

and anyone with political or ideological agenda / motive will be called a fanatic
throw in a religious angle and he/she becomes a religious fanatic

I somehow feel that the word terrorist has been hijacked by the powers that be for anything related to Muslim fanaticism
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

What is the difference between a terrorist and a fanatic?

I would have thought anyone who uses violence as a means to an end would be called a terrorist

and anyone with political or ideological agenda / motive will be called a fanatic
throw in a religious angle and he/she becomes a religious fanatic

I somehow feel that the word terrorist has been hijacked by the powers that be for anything related to Muslim fanaticism
The word terrorism has been around a long time. In the not too distant past it was the IRA or other separatist groups in various countries. Terrorism is violence committed in the name of an ideology. Someone who commits terrorism can also be called a fanatic.

The latest American nutter is not a terrorist as, for all we know, he did not commit his heinous crime in the name of an ideology, whether religious or political or Corbynism. He was just a nutter who went off the deep end. Like the nutter in Dunblane (or the seemingly thousand and one American school shootings).
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think his title really matters at this stage.

Although interesting that ISIS wanted to claim it.