know anyone leaving?

Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: know anyone leaving?

Originally Posted by Scamp
...or contribute to the huge influx of people to the UK before they leave the EU?
EU migration numbers are down.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:50 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arnold S
That side of thing doesn't bother me, it's more having to move the wife, kids, dog and cat into a one bed flat. Also, they're a lot less keen to go than I am. Not sure about the cat, she's sitting on the fence at the moment.
This will cheer you up. (unless you are French)

Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Arnold S
That side of thing doesn't bother me, it's more having to move the wife, kids, dog and cat into a one bed flat. Also, they're a lot less keen to go than I am. Not sure about the cat, she's sitting on the fence at the moment.
Bin the cat and then you've got a decision made: stay.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
EU migration numbers are down.
Really?

Guess those smart Europeans don't want to board a sinking ship then.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

If you abandon the cat to the streets of Dubai may the demons from the 9th circle of hell raise out of the ground and drag you down to spend eternity frozen in ice.
I'd rather dump the family, take the pets and go live in the flat we can't get a respectable offer on.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
This will cheer you up. (unless you are French)

https://i.imgur.com/E03guvS.jpg
What a strike that was.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Really?
Guess those smart Europeans don't want to board a sinking ship then.
Ah well, time will tell, not these leagues of armchair economists with amazing insight into the future.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Ah well, time will tell, not these leagues of armchair economists with amazing insight into the future.
Let's hope it ends up successful for everyone. If the UK is booming that would be fantastic.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:20 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope it ends up successful for everyone. If the UK is booming that would be fantastic.
It's not. Everywhere else in the world might be, but the UK has got very low growth right now. As alluded to above, it may be that jobs are coming free because EU nationals are leaving.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
It's not. Everywhere else in the world might be, but the UK has got very low growth right now. As alluded to above, it may be that jobs are coming free because EU nationals are leaving.
Of course it's not.
I just can't be arsed to argue with DXBtoDOH in every thread.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:29 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it's not.
I just can't be arsed to argue with DXBtoDOH in every thread.
OK, sorry. You carry on...
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you abandon the cat to the streets of Dubai may the demons from the 9th circle of hell raise out of the ground and drag you down to spend eternity frozen in ice.
Had to explain to Ollie that come Friday, following your advice, he might be off to Dr Zim to be put down. His life may have been short but it was fun. He looked at me with those heart melting bug eyes and agreed.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

...or contribute to the huge influx of people to the UK before they leave the EU?
I'm more like to be going the other way... invest in the EU and get my golden visa.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Oh grow up. Had to explain to Ollie that come Friday, following your advice, he might be off to Dr Zim to be put down. His life may have been short but it was fun. He looked at me with those heart melting bug eyes and agreed.
Better than starving to death or being hit by a driver after being dumped along 611. Which is what happens to 99% of the abandoned dogs.

I can talk and banter about many things but I draw the line at animal welfare.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

my company globally made huge cuts over the last 12-18 months (including getting rid of people, and in some instances liquidating companies that were making significant losses with no or very little scope to turn them around) .....now almost every subsidiary within the parent company is down to the bare bones, in terms of manpower.
There was a complete hold on capex expenditure during 2017 and now in 2018 - unless the capex was needed to brought exclusively for a long term project/contract.
Our budgets for 2018 are nowhere near the growth that we were expected to achieve in past years.
But Alhumdulillaah, we've secured a fairly big contract with a company in Abu Dhabi and so that will keep us going, with smaller contracts in other regions.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mission
my company globally made huge cuts over the last 12-18 months (including getting rid of people, and in some instances liquidating companies that were making significant losses with no or very little scope to turn them around) .....now almost every subsidiary within the parent company is down to the bare bones, in terms of manpower.
There was a complete hold on capex expenditure during 2017 and now in 2018 - unless the capex was needed to brought exclusively for a long term project/contract.
Our budgets for 2018 are nowhere near the growth that we were expected to achieve in past years.
But Alhumdulillaah, we've secured a fairly big contract with a company in Abu Dhabi and so that will keep us going, with smaller contracts in other regions.
when you say globally, do you mean across the region or actually globally? I ask as globally things are better than regionally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.