Kiddies Parties

Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kiddies Parties

I tried doing a search but found loads of highly inappropriate references. Anyway, other than the usual suspects (Fun City, MacD's, Jam Jar, Kidzania, Cafe Ceramique) can anybody suggest a birthday party venue or possibly an entertainer for an 8yo girl's party with 10-12 mostly Indian guests.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 12:44 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiddies Parties

Magic Planets @ MCC, I know it is one of the usual suspects but it covers a lot of activities, climbing wall + arial assault course thingy, bowling, iFly etc you also have a cinema and the French educational play area close by....
Old Oct 4th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Magic Planets @ MCC, I know it is one of the usual suspects but it covers a lot of activities, climbing wall + arial assault course thingy, bowling, iFly etc you also have a cinema and the French educational play area close by....
We did think of that place but its more boy-centred in my opinion. Thanks anyway. We could just go to a kid-friendly restaurant like TFC, Chucky Cheese or that steak place next to the bowling alley at DFC instead.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 3:38 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Why not hold a Bollywood themed party and get a Bollywood dance teacher in to get them to do a whole routine? Could be great fun. You'd need a bit of space ...

Nice food, stick posters up, get them to come dressed like film stars....

Easy to get hold of the music here.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Lullabelle I want to go to a bollywood party!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:40 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Favourite Things do a come-to-you birthday party service, so you pick your own venue and they work their magic.

Depending on time of year, the parks are nice, or else some communities have bookable community rooms...

Oooo, actually, thinking about it, there's a new place that's opened up at the base of the Damac Waves tower on the marina level which would be ideal. They have ceramic painting, mini-makeovers, sewing "workshop", card-making workshop, party room and some weird karaoke thing where the kids video themselves on green-screen and then it gets superimposed on a music video background. Can't remember the name of it right now.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

have a look at this darling... click on the tween party at the bottom.

http://www.bartonportraits.com/index2.php
Attached Thumbnails Kiddies Parties-300490_288707354488206_157698444255765_1209369_1420590343_n.jpg  
Old Oct 5th 2011, 2:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So no one does musical statues and jelly and ice cream any more then?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

i did a few kids parties back in the UK- top end stuff

The first one I did was for an 11 year old, held at the Kensignton Hotel- literally on Hyde Park, the event was held across two ballrooms. My job was as stylist to dress 12 or so kids in 3 outfits for a catwalk show- which was a proper catwalk show, including choreographer full backstage team, videographer -hair and MUAs, djs, you name it!

The kids got to keep the entire outfits at the end of the party- there were more adults involved in the party than the number of guests- my fee alone was 3000 pounds plus 500 for backstage team and 2500 shopping budget. Hair and Make up were 1500 and the choreograhper was a grand. I dred to think what the whole event cost. They did have an awesome time though - where do you go from that though?

I used to get that line of work pretty steadily and they never quibbled my rate so I was always happy to do it as it was pretty stress free stuff!

The company that used to book me had this sort of stuff on all the time- lots of coorperate to. Some people just have money to burn!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
have a look at this darling... click on the tween party at the bottom.http://www.bartonportraits.com/index2.php
Thanks sweetie. Am waiting for them to give me a price list. Meanwhile I've been quoted Dhs950 for a 45 minute magic show by one entertainer and Dhs4,500 per hour from another magician. Easy money, eh?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 5:08 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Thanks sweetie. Am waiting for them to give me a price list. Meanwhile I've been quoted Dhs950 for a 45 minute magic show by one entertainer and Dhs4,500 per hour from another magician. Easy money, eh?
My mate started on a magician at a brunch a while ago. Stupid magician.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:16 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I do! lol

At Miss's party a couple of weeks ago, a few of us were reminiscing on how "in our day" there was only one present at the end of pass-the-parcel. Mr Kitty asked me if we had a prize for the winner of Musical Chairs - I just looked at him and went "er, a round of applause?!".

BUT, I always like the idea of being able to do something and take it home with you. Just don't do the baking option in Peek-a-boo in MotE... we went to a party there that did and the "cupcakes" they produced looked like poos in a wrapper.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

We tried Flying Elephant once - 4,500 for an afternoon.....Complete waste of money.

Musical statues and pass the parcel since.

Or a trip to the cinema followed by McD's is always easier on the preparation/tidying up.

Or 10-pin bowling at the Bowling Centre on Al Hadiqa street (exit 47 from SZR just on the edge of Al Quoz) is reasonably priced - around 1,500 I think for bowling and video games and food for the kids.

Last edited by Mogs; Oct 6th 2011 at 5:55 am. Reason: ....
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
My mate started on a magician...
Would you care to elaborate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.