Job Hunting

Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Pavle is on a distinguished road
Default Job Hunting

Hi all,

I've been trying to find work in the UAE and have just been bewildered by the amount of recruitment agencies out there. Is there one that is actually any good? Am I better of looking in other directions to try to find the right job? Has anyone got any good sound plain avice for me ?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Liyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant future
Default Re: Job Hunting

Originally Posted by Pavle
Hi all,

I've been trying to find work in the UAE and have just been bewildered by the amount of recruitment agencies out there. Is there one that is actually any good? Am I better of looking in other directions to try to find the right job? Has anyone got any good sound plain avice for me ?
Check this website out:

http://www.grapeshisha.com/Dubai-rec...-agencies.html
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Liyamu. The site looks good.
Have you any general advice on living and working in the UAE. Whats your opinion of the place. I know its not what a lot of people expect and that I suppose a lot of people are disappointed. However I think I have a much more realistic view of what to expect.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Liyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant future

Thanks Liyamu. The site looks good.
Have you any general advice on living and working in the UAE. Whats your opinion of the place. I know its not what a lot of people expect and that I suppose a lot of people are disappointed. However I think I have a much more realistic view of what to expect.
I'm not the best person to ask about the standard of living in Dubai because i've never actually lived there, just been there a few times and i'll be in the same situation as you in the future, however this list threads/blogs/websites below has helped me, I find forums/blogs to be far more informative than websites because you get the information straight from people living there:

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/9cfaf/1c5710/ (this is more tourist orientated but still a great read)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436041

http://beerandbloating.blogspot.com/ (i think the owner of that blog is on this website)

http://www.expatwoman.com/vbulletin/...php?forumid=19 (don't be put off by the title of the website, its quite informative if you can get past the hordes of maid related threads)

There's a lot more threads in this forum too.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

what do you do??
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Im a graphic designer and professional photographer.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Im a graphic designer and professional photographer.
ouch...have you seen the standard of advertising out there?
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the enthusiasm Bob.....

I'm sureI can improve standards for them

Good job I wont be put of isn't it