It's happened.

Old May 30th 2011, 8:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default It's happened.

you'll all start with the 'I told you so's' and I don't mind.

I'm basically an angry racist, and a bigot - well that's how I feel sometimes.

Despite being pretty laid back about most things I'm finding it hard to be treated like an idiot. I'm not like a lot out here in terms of being rude for the sake of it to cabbies / assistants etc but I do find it hard to bite my tongue 100% of the time.

Case in point;

"Hi, can I check this man's cell number please?"
"What's your name?"
"That's irrelevant, i just want to read this number and you say yes or no please?"
"Where are you calling from?"
"Dubai"
"Which company"
"Doesn't matter, can I just read his number to you and you say yes correct, or no wrong please?"
"I can't give out his number"
"I am not asking for it, I have it..."
"So why do you ask for it"
"I want to check I have the correct one, it's not been connecting. Can I read it to you please?!"
"Sir I told you I can't give it out"
"OK. ...so i just read the number at her...."
"Yes that's correct sir"
"That was hard work wasnt it...(joking)"
"Yes sir, but I tell you I can't give you number, but you keep asking!!!"

Wanted to sceram.
Old May 30th 2011, 8:23 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's happened.

Originally Posted by Scamp

Despite being pretty laid back about most things I'm finding it hard to be treated like an idiot. I'm not like a lot out here in terms of being rude for the sake of it to cabbies / assistants etc but I do find it hard to bite my tongue 100% of the time.

Case in point;

"What's your name?"
"That's irrelevant, i just want to read this number and you say yes or no please?"
"Dubai"
"Which company"
"Doesn't matter, can I just read his number to you and you say yes correct, or no wrong please?"
"I want to check I have the correct one, it's not been connecting. Can I read it to you please?!"
"Yes that's correct sir"

Wanted to sceram.
http://www.wikipeetia.org/Sceram_4
Old May 30th 2011, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Case in point;

"What's your name?"
"Dubai"
I would have pissed you off more, i would have hung up on you around this point..
Old May 30th 2011, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I would have pissed you off more, i would have hung up on you around this point..
I agree. He should be thankful it wasn't me on the end of the line. I would have said the number he had was wrong but refused to correct it - or just say digits 2 & 5 are wrong.

It's the small things that make it worthwhile.
Old May 30th 2011, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Case in point;

"What's your name?"
"Dubai"
"Which company"
"Yes that's correct sir"

Wanted to sceram.
Yep, you seem to have taken on the mindset "I'm white, British and in Dubai therefore I can talk to Filipinos, Indians, <insert 3rd world nation here> like an arsehole and expect them to lap it up" very quickly.
Old May 30th 2011, 11:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Yep, you seem to have taken on the mindset "I'm white, British and in Dubai therefore I can talk to Filipinos, Indians, <insert 3rd world nation here> like an arsehole and expect them to lap it up" very quickly.
Note the Please at the end of everything. I was pretty polite. My Mum would slap me otherwise.

Its the same as me phoning and saying, I want to send something to Mr Dean, can I check his name is spelt this way....
Old May 30th 2011, 11:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Note the Please at the end of everything. I was pretty polite. My Mum would slap me otherwise.

Its the same as me phoning and saying, I want to send something to Mr Dean, can I check his name is spelt this way....
drives me round the bend, fortunately I very rarely ring anyone these days
Old May 30th 2011, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Putting please on the end of a sentence doesn't make it polite.

I would have hung up on you after giving you the reply, "F**k off please," if you had spoken to me in such a condescending manner.
Old May 30th 2011, 11:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mogs
Putting please on the end of a sentence doesn't make it polite.

I would have hung up on you after giving you the reply, "F**k off please," if you had spoken to me in such a condescending manner.
Maybe what I wrote has been taken the wrong way, or read in the wrong tone.

Regardless of whether the person on the other end is a white/black/pink/blue/yellow person I'd still ask the same question. That doesn't matter, I was merely commenting on how difficult this place can be when after some really basic info...

So, with all due respect; F**k off please.
Old May 30th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Maybe what I wrote has been taken the wrong way, or read in the wrong tone.

Regardless of whether the person on the other end is a white/black/pink/blue/yellow person I'd still ask the same question. That doesn't matter, I was merely commenting on how difficult this place can be when after some really basic info...

So, with all due respect; F**k off please.
No problem...now what is the number you wanted ?
Old May 30th 2011, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mogs
No problem...now what is the number you wanted ?
Indeed.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Aside from the just what was said above, not this particular situation, I am sure people aren't meant to give out this kind of personal information out to third parties.

No one in my office would give out my mobile number, email address yes but certainly not my number, it has to come from me directly and they have to know the person or company from before at the very least.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:46 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
Aside from the just what was said above, not this particular situation, I am sure people aren't meant to give out this kind of personal information out to third parties.

No one in my office would give out my mobile number, email address yes but certainly not my number, it has to come from me directly and they have to know the person or company from before at the very least.
but if I rang and said is WC phone no 0800 696969 and it was, surely they would just say yes that is correct
Old May 30th 2011, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ex-directory...........
Old May 30th 2011, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but if I rang and said is WC phone no 0800 696969 and it was, surely they would just say yes that is correct
Yeah probably but not if I had just refused to say who I was, but in general in that case I would but not if they just cold called looking for a number.

Or are you looking for my number

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.