Investments

Old Jul 13th 2016, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investments

Originally Posted by not2old
Respect your call [crystal ball] numbers as well as the banter

London humour, Scot, Welsh etc.... we're all expats, don't hold it against me just because I'm a scouser (well I was before I left the UK in 1967) been away far too long to be a Brit

Not as hot here as where you're at, the standing temperature presently in Toronto today is 32-34'C with a heat index (humidex) of 40+

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-143_metric_e.html

In January its the exact opposite at -30'c, freezing ones nuts off
Being a scouser, albeit from years gone by, you will know the best temperature to get the wheels off

In January its the exact opposite at -30'c, freezing ones nuts off

Old Jul 14th 2016, 11:36 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Todays call - what is going on here?

BOE leaves interest rates as they are - now that is a surprise, or was the GBP:USD already factored in post Brexit?

GBP:USD not looking too good for the shorts today

Gold is ying-yanging +/- $20/oz since the beginning July

Oil cannot make up its mind, waffling in the $43 -$46 range, with no sign of it going down to $40 near term

Silver, I'm still unsure if it will ever (in the next 30 days) reach $30
Old Jul 14th 2016, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Todays call - what is going on here?

BOE leaves interest rates as they are - now that is a surprise, or was the GBP:USD already factored in post Brexit?

GBP:USD not looking too good for the shorts today

Gold is ying-yanging +/- $20/oz since the beginning July

Oil cannot make up its mind, waffling in the $43 -$46 range, with no sign of it going down to $40 near term

Silver, I'm still unsure if it will ever (in the next 30 days) reach $30
keep the faith, today hurts but we are on the right side.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 7:55 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Market call for the coming week 18-22 July, anyone want to put in their prediction?

GBP:USD ? with a +/- range

Silver price $? with a +/- range

Oil price $? with a +/- range

I'll start it off, by no means an expert, nor do I have a crystal ball - purely 'irrational thinking'

Pure speculation, all without reason for the coming week July 18 - July 22

Within the following range

USD:GBP 1.32 +/- 0.025

Silver $20.50 +/- $1

Oil $42 +/- $1
Old Jul 17th 2016, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Market call for the coming week 18-22 July, anyone want to put in their prediction?

GBP:USD ? with a +/- range

Silver price $? with a +/- range

Oil price $? with a +/- range

I'll start it off, by no means an expert, nor do I have a crystal ball - purely 'irrational thinking'

Pure speculation, all without reason for the coming week July 18 - July 22

Within the following range

USD:GBP 1.32 +/- 0.025

Silver $20.50 +/- $1

Oil $42 +/- $1
I am sitting here waiting for Forex markets to open at 1am

GBP/USD 1.2750-1.2850

Silver $21.50 -22.50

FTSE 6450 - 6500

DOW 17750-17900

Oil - Think it may run up to about $49 because of all the crap that's going on but then come back down to where we are by EOW 45.50-46.50

GL all
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:48 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I pay lots of attention to it. Not a fan of buying individual stocks though - always do the indexes or pooled investments really.

I have leveraged funds in Europe and US - all doing pretty shitty. I also have large leveraged short positions on similar indexes doing well. The plan is to stay in the game and close them as sensisble.
Originally Posted by Millhouse

This is why I like CFDs for the short-term trades. All the benefits of shares, very thin spreads, no charges, practically free leverage and no tax. They are not for the faint-hearted though.
high, or high as a percentage of a trade paying trading fees - 'high fee' broker, FA services. For me, avoiding to paying a little as possible in brokerage fees is one that I try to keep away from.

Other than CD's, 'shorts' trading, option trading (covered or naked), outside of Mutual funds, individual stocks, CFD's, ETF'S - has anyone invested in CEF's?

Last edited by not2old; Jul 17th 2016 at 11:58 pm. Reason: edited
Old Jul 20th 2016, 6:17 pm
Dichotomus tinker

mid week moan.... what is going on, do we blame Trump, May, the weekly oil report that came out today or the oil producers?

The world is fairly stable after last weeks rumblings & the shoot outs in the states

FTSE & DOW up - market says dollar is strong, whatever that means to anything.

GBP:USD is hovering in the 1.32 range

Oil waffling in the $45, with me predicting it would go down to the $42 level, although 2 business days to go

Silver is down, cant seem to keep its head above $20, so what is it?
Old Jul 20th 2016, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mid week moan.... what is going on, do we blame Trump, May, the weekly oil report that came out today or the oil producers?

The world is fairly stable after last weeks rumblings & the shoot outs in the states

FTSE & DOW up - market says dollar is strong, whatever that means to anything.

GBP:USD is hovering in the 1.32 range

Oil waffling in the $45, with me predicting it would go down to the $42 level, although 2 business days to go

Silver is down, cant seem to keep its head above $20, so what is it?

Insane money printing by the central banks. ECB admitted this week they are spending 500 million euros a day buying corporate bonds, Japs have been doing about 5x that for 2 years, USA doesnt dislose but experts say 2 trillion over last 8 years into corporate entities.

Plus corporate share buy backs are now nearly 50% of share dealing.

Companies borrow the money at nearly interest free, buy back their own shares, as long as the interest payments are less than the dividends they would have paid out they show higher profits.

And all the time just throwing more money into the system devalues the money that's out there

Silver holding up well considering all this.

Printing more and more money just devalues what is already out there.

Its the last throw of the dice for them.

See how high the titanic went up before it sank
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 11:48 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Did anyone make any money from their investments this past week?
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Investments ? I do mine in Ladbrokes. This week has not been good. I usually have better luck on Saturdays.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 11:32 am
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by scot47
Investments ? I do mine in Ladbrokes. This week has not been good. I usually have better luck on Saturdays.
sure, why not, financial markets are closed, after all its Saturday, nice day for a bet

My gamble for today at the 16:00 Chester meet

An £1 each way bet (win & place) with Ladbrokes on the five horses that have the highest odds. Total bet wagered £10. Come on, its only £10 after all, with a chance of winning something.

The odds at the time of my post, subject to change at race time

Masamah 40/1
Red Stripes 40/1
Seve 25/1
Asphan Sam 25/1
Smart DaisyK 20/1

I reckon the odds of one of those coming in a winner is crazy, maybe though a place paying 1/5 for any of them that come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd - what are the chances I'd be a sure winner, with a ROI of not less than 10%?

Anyhow, lets see if any of the five win or place - in fact if they run or get scrubbed

The calculator should I win

http://www.free-bet-calculator.co.uk

Last edited by not2old; Jul 23rd 2016 at 11:44 am. Reason: added a link
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 3:18 pm
Dichotomus tinker

@ post#342, I would have lost £10 with that bet

The five horses that I bet on came in 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th & 11th

Full Result 16:00 Chester | Jul 23 2016 | Sebastian Artois Handicap | Horse Racing Betting Tips | Racecards, Live Results & News | Sporting Life

Goes to show, its like playing the stock market, no control over the outcome, not knowing for sure what happens during the course or which direction it may take
Old Jul 24th 2016, 3:50 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Best way to gambling is NFL. There is always a winner (rarely there is a loser) and if you know enough about the game you'll know the winner.

Ie always bet on the Browns losing!
Old Jul 24th 2016, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

half hour before it opens, i will say for the umpteenth time, I think this is the week it goes pop

FTSE down 7-8%

Sterling keeps going down to 1.26-1.27

Oil $39-$40

SILVER $22+ Please
Old Jul 25th 2016, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
half hour before it opens, i will say for the umpteenth time, I think this is the week it goes pop

FTSE down 7-8%

Sterling keeps going down to 1.26-1.27

Oil $39-$40

SILVER $22+ Please
Loving your optimism....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.