Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Interesting thread on expatwoman

Interesting thread on expatwoman

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:34 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting thread on expatwoman

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Hebrew
That's worse than this.

Not many people know the true origin of Kung Fu… In ancient times, the Chinese understood well the futility of war, and the pointless death and suffering that it caused. For nearly a millenia the rulers of the various states which comprised China long before unification, adhered to a civilised and systematic method of deciding inter-state disputes. Each ruler would line up 100 of his best archers, 1,000 paces from the opposing archers. On the signal, the archers would fire their arrows into the air, and the arrow which fell closest to the opposing archers would signify the winner. Ages-long etiquette demanded that all arrows fall short of the opposing line. However, in such a mock battle which ended this long period of relative peace, one arrow sailed through the air just a little further than intended, and pierced the foot of an archer, pinning his foot to the ground. In an agonised yell, he proclaimed, "What kung fu dat?"
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:49 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not checked that since yesterday I have been banned three times, I think? it's quite easy
well, I've posted a few get-together threads that've been deleted, kind of insulted EW for doing so (that thread got deleted too) and still haven't. I've got another 18 months here though, so I've got time to plan the HK finale
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:53 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
As you can tell, I'm rather addicted tot eh horror show. My aim is to get banned though before I leave the 'Pit.

I'm quite enjoying the "2 maid" thread... poor Ghetto Barbie has a really hard life.
I have just read that. I am convinced half of that is a wind up. For example the poster with three staff who thought the average Western expat salary was AED 70k per month. Another who thinks a full day is feeding her kids, taking them too and from school and spending time on Facebook.

There is nothing wrong with having some help, but some of those women are unbelievable. Are their husbands really happy to fund them doing sweet FA all day, provided they churn out a few children?

Last edited by Meow; Jan 23rd 2011 at 1:01 pm. Reason: Oops - meant to say AED 70K per month not 7K!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:54 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Are their husbands really happy to fund them doing sweet FA all day, provided they churn out a few children?
Maybe they also vijazzle their husbands everynight, too.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read that. I am convinced half of that is a wind up. For example the poster with three staff who thought the average Western expat salary was AED 7k per month. Another who thinks a full day is feeding her kids, taking them too and from school and spending time on Facebook.

There is nothing wrong with having some help, but some of those women are unbelievable. Are their husbands really happy to fund them doing sweet FA all day, provided they churn out a few children?
it would appear that way I have to say
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:06 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read that. I am convinced half of that is a wind up. For example the poster with three staff who thought the average Western expat salary was AED 70k per month. Another who thinks a full day is feeding her kids, taking them too and from school and spending time on Facebook.

it wouldn't surprise me, you know... we've all encountered expat arrogance in some shape or form, after all and Lord knows it can go to some people's heads.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Maybe they also vijazzle their husbands everynight, too.
Wouldn't it be cheaper and maybe more pleasant for those husbands to get serviced by some of the "ladies" residing in one of the Dubai bars? Or is that only ok to do in the summer when the wife is absent?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Wouldn't it be cheaper and maybe more pleasant for those husbands to get serviced by some of the "ladies" residing in one of the Dubai bars? Or is that only ok to do in the summer when the wife is absent?
Is that really what happens though, or just another expatcrazycow myth? I stayed in Dubai for two summers and lived at two different villa compounds. I was one of the only women with kids that stayed. The husband's of the family's that left would go to the gym, come have dinner with us and hang out with our kids because they missed their own, have a few beers outside and go to bed early most nights.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:04 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alexa
Its easier go next door to the maid I find.

edit to say just joined the womens site, I shall offer some quality advice on there as soon as my account is approved.

Last edited by weasel central; Jan 24th 2011 at 4:11 am.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:27 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Kim67
Is that really what happens though, or just another expatcrazycow myth? I stayed in Dubai for two summers and lived at two different villa compounds. I was one of the only women with kids that stayed. The husband's of the family's that left would go to the gym, come have dinner with us and hang out with our kids because they missed their own, have a few beers outside and go to bed early most nights.
or sneak off down the takeaway.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Not a myth according to my cleaner. I was telling her about the original thread the other day and she told me several stories of such things happening. Not with her as she is a very decent woman, but the husbands were obviously bringing women home at night whilst their wives were away.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that there are guys like that as well...but just go out for drinks during the summer and there are loads of superdadds out on the pull...while the cat is away...
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I've read the conclusion... boy wonder was rooting the maid and vax, crack and polish is now back the Philippines.

All of this was done why our young hero was at college. So sad - he wasn't allowed to have one last go before she was packed on to the plane (without the designer tops from Debenhams).
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:54 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

... go to bed early most nights.
'Cos that's where the Russian twins are waiting
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Millie, as a banker you probably have a better finger on the pulse of the cheating-husband-wife-on-home-leave syndrome. How common is it?

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I've read the conclusion... boy wonder was rooting the maid and vax, crack and polish is now back the Philippines.

All of this was done why our young hero was at college. So sad - he wasn't allowed to have one last go before she was packed on to the plane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.