Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I'm off as well. Goodbye.

I'm off as well. Goodbye.

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm off as well. Goodbye.

I've just read through a different thread, we have another Brit moaning about Asians/ Muslims / Islam in the UK in quite a derogatory manner.

We've had it in quite a few threads now. A simple thread ends up with nasty, sarcastic and bitter & twisted posts. No-one seems to object, so it looks like its fair game.

If it's ok in your book, then fair enough. In the past I have read comments about this being a British Forum, so therefore British 'opinion and humour' will prevail.

These comments are not ok in my book, as an Asian Muslim quite clearly, the comments are aimed at me, my family and friends. Who else are they aimed at? If it wasn't for 'us', then the problems wouldn't exist. Would they?

My own philosophy is that if you don't like the Middle East, stop moaning about it and ****k off back home. I don't like this Forum anymore, so I've quit moaning about it, and I'm gonna do the same - **** off somewhere else.

There are a few decent people here, and its been a pleasure to meet them. However, they seem to be dwindling in number. Best of luck to you. Ma salaama.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:04 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm off as well. Goodbye.

Sorry to read that you feel that way, notts. You seem a decent sort, so it's a shame you feel that you can't contribute any more.

Ma salaama to you an' all.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Stealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
I've just read through a different thread, we have another Brit moaning about Asians/ Muslims / Islam in the UK in quite a derogatory manner.

We've had it in quite a few threads now. A simple thread ends up with nasty, sarcastic and bitter & twisted posts. No-one seems to object, so it looks like its fair game.

If it's ok in your book, then fair enough. In the past I have read comments about this being a British Forum, so therefore British 'opinion and humour' will prevail.

These comments are not ok in my book, as an Asian Muslim quite clearly, the comments are aimed at me, my family and friends. Who else are they aimed at? If it wasn't for 'us', then the problems wouldn't exist. Would they?

My own philosophy is that if you don't like the Middle East, stop moaning about it and f.cuk off back home. I don't like this Forum anymore, so I've quit moaning about it, and I'm gonna do the same - f.cuk off somewhere else.

There are a few decent people here, and its been a pleasure to meet them. However, they seem to be dwindling in number. Best of luck to you. Ma salaama.
You've helped a lot of people on here - I've certainly appreciated the info you've readily given.
Sorry to see you go.

Ma salaama
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:11 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I am really saddened if this is your final decision....

You have been a great poster here and much appreciated by myself and especially others relocating to KSA.

I do agree topics have become overly charged with certain view points / arguments recently and it's becoming tiresome. If everyone that disagrees leaves then, this on the whole, good forum will descend further....

Stay around, fight the good fight.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

stay?

you'll be missed xx
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

My own philosophy is that if you don't like the Middle East, stop moaning about it and f.cuk off back home. I don't like this Forum anymore, so I've quit moaning about it, and I'm gonna do the same - f.cuk off somewhere else.

As a British expat, I can`t honestly say that all you say is true. It is true that we joke and take the mickey and love a good laugh. It is not true to say that when we joke about one thing, that all comments are aimed at each and every individual family. That would be ridiculous. None of us know each and every family. To quote your own words "if you don`t like this forum then stop moaning and +++++++++++++++."
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
As a British expat, I can`t honestly say that all you say is true. It is true that we joke and take the mickey and love a good laugh. It is not true to say that when we joke about one thing, that all comments are aimed at each and every individual family. That would be ridiculous. None of us know each and every family. To quote your own words "if you don`t like this forum then stop moaning and +++++++++++++++."
are you a moderator
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:31 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
are you a moderator
is it that bleeding obvious ?

I was just trying to be diplomatic and nice......
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

is it that bleeding obvious ?

I was just trying to be diplomatic and nice......
Nice

Most of us like the guy and we hope that he stays for a bit longer. Btw thanks for your help, we'll now have to start all over again

Cheers lorna
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by sherri
Nice

Most of us like the guy and we hope that he stays for a bit longer. Btw thanks for your help, we'll now have to start all over again

Cheers lorna
Sorry. In my defence I did only use words that had already been used .... and they weren`t the nicest of words.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Sorry. In my defence I did only use words that had already been used .... and they weren`t the nicest of words.
I know but he is upset...
Old Jun 24th 2011, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly what you mean, having chanced on a thread where quite disgusting ignorance was shown and your post was pretty much laughed out of court. Sorry you are leaving.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:50 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I know exactly what you mean, having chanced on a thread where quite disgusting ignorance was shown and your post was pretty much laughed out of court. Sorry you are leaving.
Your heart bleeds so frequently I'm amazed you've not snuffed it.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Nottmbantam,

You are a good man and have helped a lot of people particularly Newbies. You shouldn’t take jack’s comment so seriously. In my opinion you should stay here and consider Auto’s suggestion, stay around and fight the good fight.

My biological father is from Pakistan my step dad is white Scottish, one of my sisters married a Black English who is a devoted Christian and the other married some rich Jew last year and my brother he is shagging some Chinese bird these days. Every year whether it’s Eid, Christmas or Purim the British Asian/Muslim integration with rest of the society is passionately discussed in our family. My bio father’s family despite have been living in Britain for the last 55 years have not truely integrated, also they never make an effort to attend any family congregations because in their view we all are sinister. Look around you and give a single reason why Muslim’s around the world shouldn’t be ridiculed, give me one good reason why some of the British Asian Muslims should not be questioned. I lived in Manchester for a few years; it was appalling to see the way young British born Asians celebrating 14th August on the streets of Rusholme (curry mile) whilst the people at the Pakistan embassy were sipping champagne in the comfort of their home!!! Having said that, the majority of the british asian muslims (including practicing Muslims) are refined. They are educated, understand the true teachings of Islam based on their study and common sense rather relying on the Saudi interpretations and have no integration related issues. I guess you and I are an example.

As for the BNP crew, they are ignorant. Most of them have hailed from the slums, are illiterate and thuggery is the only entertainment. The modern Britain is mainly bigoted because of atheism. I know this is a controversiall statement but I will discuss and justify this piece with solid evidence some other time but for now the important thing is that you stay. If you left then I will leave this forum as well – I see many praying for you to leave now ok, if you stayed then I will leave the forum.

Last edited by sherri; Jun 24th 2011 at 1:59 am.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:04 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Nottmbantam,

I respect your position and what you've said, however not all of BE speak or think derisively. Although I shall go one further to say that this forum can be hard, but on all people ... yet this may seem precious little consolation. I myself posted in a thread re St George's Day simply because it used to be the national day for England and I'm English, or at least I used to be. I said nothing about any religion (I long ago became a secular humanist). And what should appear but an insinuation that I was anti-Muslim. Coming from a mixed marriage, I found the remark deeply offensive. The only thing the respondent achieved was to completely negate and stultify me -and I can take that, I've known worse- but the OP who had only just joined BE never returned again. Please don't let people like that win. Yes, I regret they are to be found amongst the British, but they can be found amongst all groups. As individuals, we each of us need to set our own tones to compete as an example. (I could have very easily quit myself that night). You're clearly an erudite man -one who is generous with his knowledge- and you have so much to contribute to BE, to contribute just as you have already contributed. Again, I respect your decision, though I wish it were not so ... for it isn't as if the ground were thick with others like you who can take your place.

Best, Chris

P.S. I shouldn't wish this remark to seem a cop out, however I feel it worthy of consideration that people who do make certain comments, may, in fact, make them without realising their effect ... and when such is the case, perhaps we all of us need to take a further step, not simply in patients, but in correction, and I can think of no better way than by continued good example.

Last edited by Christian; Jun 24th 2011 at 4:47 am. Reason: Post Scriptum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.