Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I apologize in advance..

I apologize in advance..

Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default I apologize in advance..

if this somewhat repetetive or boring, but I would really like to know if it is true that some people hate/dislike German people because of what happened during WW2.
I am not talking about the people who experienced and participated in this war, but the next generation.

So is it true?
Because if it is, I and all the Germans I know are totally unaware of it, although it would explain some experiences I have had...

No beating around the bush please, a simple YES or NO will suffice.

Thank you.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I apologize in advance..

No I have German friends
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:44 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
if this somewhat repetetive or boring, but I would really like to know if it is true that some people hate/dislike German people because of what happened during WW2.
I am not talking about the people who experienced and participated in this war, but the next generation.

So is it true?
Because if it is, I and all the Germans I know are totally unaware of it, although it would explain some experiences I have had...

Thank you.
I'd love to say NO - and I believe it to be the case for most of us - but there are always some tw@ts who'll hate an entire population just cos their grandads fought them.

I've got some really good german friends and interestingly enough, their parents' generation (so the sons and daughters of the fighters) seem to have a real guilt complex about what happened... our generation (bar the tw@ts on both sides) just get on with life, thank goodness.

Saying that, I may be a teensy bit biased, cos I'm only as English as the Queen.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

My favourite WWII thing is when the Germans visit Fawlty Towers.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Kevin
My favourite WWII thing is when the Germans visit Fawlty Towers.
oh it is totally hilarious...

MM, xx
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

'Well you started it'.

'No we didn't!'

'Yes you did, you invaded Poland'.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
...as English as the Queen.
Actually, I'm no history buff, but are there not some Germanic roots there too?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Kevin
Actually, I'm no history buff, but are there not some Germanic roots there too?
Same as our Queen, I believe she technically has German roots, but then you have to go very far back though.

It's rumoured that our Queen also is a British Citizen!

Bout the Germans, I think every Dutch has a name for them (and mocking jokes about hole digging on the beaches), but I highly doubt that many of them actually mean it.

Last edited by Euc-; Jun 9th 2009 at 2:04 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

simple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to allsimple2204 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alexa

So is it true?

Thank you.
I take issue with PEOPLE who are idiots/rude/obnoxious etc i really don't care what race religion nationality or creed they are. Every nation produces it's share of "idiotic personalities".
I think another thread mentioned the mickey taking but that goes on whatever the nationality. Big Kev does have a bit of point though..........

History shows the English were just awful to many nations if you go back far enough.........

Or a Simple2204 NO if you prefer
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:12 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Before I went out to Germany in '95 people had informed me how bad they were,ignorant, the usual including references to the war. After working for 6 months there I couldn't wait to get home and set the story straight. The people who were informing me were the usual retards who had only ventured into the nearest town centres. I think though now as people have travelled and met others while on holidays and had the chance to meet them for themselves attitudes are different and the only hatred is towards the sporting teams for 90 minutes.
Recently over in the uk an asian friend of mine was telling me how much he liked the eastern europeans, because they were the latest immigrants to be blamed for taking the brits jobs and the crime etc
Just dont start any more wars and people will regard you as our cousins!!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:18 pm
Banned

Taz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to allTaz Mirza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by glynster
Before I went out to Germany in '95 people had informed me how bad they were,ignorant, the usual including references to the war. After working for 6 months there I couldn't wait to get home and set the story straight. The people who were informing me were the usual retards who had only ventured into the nearest town centres. I think though now as people have travelled and met others while on holidays and had the chance to meet them for themselves attitudes are different and the only hatred is towards the sporting teams for 90 minutes.
Recently over in the uk an asian friend of mine was telling me how much he liked the eastern europeans, because they were the latest immigrants to be blamed for taking the brits jobs and the crime etc
Just dont start any more wars and people will regard you as our cousins!!
really she was looking for a simple yes or no

LOL
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taz Mirza
really she was looking for a simple yes or no

LOL
lol, I was....but I am very happy for all the answers I received....I was really worried before. Although I found it a bit hard to believe what was said in another thread. And thank god , this was confirmed!
Thank you all!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:57 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I think maybe some Turks aren't luvvin you longtimes at the mo.....
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:43 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, what an attention seeking thread..

I feel a twat now of course..

So alexa von attention seeker, you can drop this now
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:45 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Gosh, what an attention seeking thread..

I feel a twat now of course..

So alexa von attention seeker, you can drop this now
"You wouldn't let it lie....."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.