Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I am leaving BE for good

I am leaving BE for good

Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:44 pm

LeicesterKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am leaving BE for good

Due to recent exchanges with people in this forum in relation to Islam and Muslims in general. I have found them extremly insulting and disrespectful.

It seems that the fascist mentality still exists with some members. Defending Islam when under fire has become a crime especially if you are a Muslim.

I have enjoyed many decent threads but however feel that a number of people have racist and anti islamic views here.

As a result of this I am terminating my membership here.

LK.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am leaving BE for good

given your last post on another thread, to which i have replied, i can't quite believe your hypocrisy...

shame, a healthy debate without name calling would have been useful for us all...good luck whatever you do...

MM, xx
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:53 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

dramaqueen...
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect LK, we are not godless people and some people do believe in their own gods, just because we do not follow your laws doesnt give you the right to slate us.

You are like most extremists on this site, its your way or no way at all. If that is really the way you feel then im glad you have gone, your one less person who will start a thread about religion!

Its a shame you see this as a religious forum... Its expats coming together no matter where they are in the world...!

Good luck
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
With all due respect LK, we are not godless people and some people do believe in their own gods, just because we do not follow your laws doesnt give you the right to slate us.

You are like most extremists on this site, its your way or no way at all. If that is really the way you feel then im glad you have gone, your one less person who will start a thread about religion!

Its a shame you see this as a religious forum... Its expats coming together no matter where they are in the world...!

Good luck
If you go back to the original thread to which this issue started with, you will find that the issue if relegion was started by somone else. Also my point here is that, I tried to defend it and was prevented from doing so.

Anyway it just shows the true anti islamic mentality of the western expats.

Enjoy.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:19 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

as you defended you also slated and slagged off anybody who disagreed - and that is never nice. And yes - I have just read the whole thread.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeicesterKid
If you go back to the original thread to which this issue started with, you will find that the issue if relegion was started by somone else. Also my point here is that, I tried to defend it and was prevented from doing so.

Anyway it just shows the true anti islamic mentality of the western expats.

Enjoy.
Well you are a true Islamic huh.... judging everyone the same... so you converted to Islam, i bet that was a barrel of laughs!

Nobody on here slags off muslims but whether you like it or not, there is alot of Muslims who do not abide their own law and sit and judge 'western expats' for their behaviour! I totally agree to dirty little tart, and the man called Vince, what else do you say when he is called Vince, who did whatever on the beach deserves what is coming to them!

I just think you need to open your mind a little more but then again you are converted so nowt is going to change your mind, believe what you want hun, i dont give a flying crap! I have a good relationship with the Muslims i know and work with, they are top people. I also live next door to two muslims who never impose their beliefs on me but are interested to know my thoughts... also they dont slate me for not believing in what they do!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Well you are a true Islamic huh.... judging everyone the same... so you converted to Islam, i bet that was a barrel of laughs!

Nobody on here slags off muslims but whether you like it or not, there is alot of Muslims who do not abide their own law and sit and judge 'western expats' for their behaviour! I totally agree to dirty little tart, and the man called Vince, what else do you say when he is called Vince, who did whatever on the beach deserves what is coming to them!

I just think you need to open your mind a little more but then again you are converted so nowt is going to change your mind, believe what you want hun, i dont give a flying crap! I have a good relationship with the Muslims i know and work with, they are top people. I also live next door to two muslims who never impose their beliefs on me but are interested to know my thoughts... also they dont slate me for not believing in what they do!
My gripe here was not to impose beliefs on people. In fact my wife is a true Christian The problem here was that I defended my relegion and was indirectly told not to.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LeicesterKid
My gripe here was not to impose beliefs on people. In fact my wife is a true Christian The problem here was that I defended my relegion and was indirectly told not to.
Then now thats interesting how your wife, a true Christian and you, a convert to islam tolerate each other... as we all know about allah god etc who is more important etc..... bla bla bla.... the laws in the two faiths..... does she fast... does she drink alcohol, does she eat pork... or more the the point do you do all that! funny little world!

Its not that people tell you not to defend what you believe its the fact that you and many others impose your beliefs and when anyone tells you something you dont believe it starts a long winded debate that ends up in 'take it outside'. Sometimes you just need to accept people dont believe what you believe, some dont even believe in god, you have no right to tell them any different as they dont have any right to tell you any different but honestly mate you have to lighten up otherwise its a waste of time you being on here! Leave religion at the door and dont even begin to bring it on here, if there is a post you dont like then close it!

Last edited by MrsHaps; Oct 16th 2008 at 5:42 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So you've left, leave already and thread closed.