Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How much work do you acutally do?

How much work do you acutally do?

Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default How much work do you acutally do?

I get accused regularly of cruising, doing 3.5 days a week of actual work....yet I can't be knocked on the end result.

So how much work do you lot actually do in a week?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much work do you acutally do?

Double what I did in Saudi but probably only two-thirds of what I did in the UK, at a guess, if that helps.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
I get accused regularly of cruising, doing 3.5 days a week of actual work....yet I can't be knocked on the end result.

I feel like i'm doing the job of at least 6 other "managers", the buck-passing and monkey-management here (KSA) is just shocking.

probably the same as UK but with less "frilly bits" around the edges.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:58 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

As little as possible to get the desired result.............

Like today I am leaving at half 1 to go to a BBQ, But the guy is a Project Director here and ordered 3 pajero's off me. That counts as work right?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

That's akin to getting John Holmes to rate himself in the sack !
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

shitloads
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mentalist
Double what I did in Saudi but probably only two-thirds of what I did in the UK, at a guess, if that helps.
Same here! Constant interruptions regarding Visas, Bank, Monkeypality Permits, etc. I can only make-up the lost time by doing 'Real Work' from home at Evenings and Weekends! - Then probably I am in excess of UK levels of productivity!

My constant challenge here is to get people to appreciate the difference between 'Attendance Time' and 'Productive Time!' Fingerprint Machines, and Bundy Clocks do not measure Productivity!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:10 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Work is slow, not as much as I'd like to.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:56 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I need to to achieve the results which can be anywhere from a 30 hour week to 100 hour weeks including flights.

Summer time/Ramadan etc , I have trouble keeping busy past 2pm.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:04 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

This week something below **** all, as the amount of my posts here in this period would testify to.

Occupying my mind this week in the name of work:
How to secretly bad mouth one competing contractor to the client without them knowing it came from me.
Would working in Khartoum lose us work in South Sudan, and should only Christian guys from the company go there as representatives.
How to present a bill to the the Saudi foreign ministry for twice the original estimate cost, without pissing them off.

All this is rattling around in my head, while surfing the net, talking shit, drinking coffee and trying to get a dirty conversation going with some one on whatsapp.

Is this definable as work?

Last edited by weasel decentral; Jun 7th 2012 at 9:24 am.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
This week something below **** all, as the amount of my posts here in this period would testify to.

How to secretly bad mouth one competing contractor to the client without them knowing it came from me.
Would working in Khartoum lose us work in South Sudan, and should only Christian guys from the company go there as representatives.
How to present a bill to the the Saudi foreign ministry for twice the original estimate cost, without pissing them off.

All this is rattling around in my head, while surfing the net, talking shit, drinking coffee and trying to get a dirty conversation going with some one on whatsapp.

Err...YES.

You deserve a pay rise.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:40 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Anonymous E-mail from a spoof hotmail account??

Just send them all wearing crosses

They will have no ******* idea how much was estimated, and most probably who did the work

Standard

Absolutely, and I have solved all your problems. Hometime it is. Have a good weekend
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:54 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Well I need to badmouth the guy in such a way that it looks like I am concerned on the client's behalf. So the rumour is going to have to be generated 6 degrees away from him and then filter across (gathering legs I hope).

As for the rest, Sunday is another day.

My whatsapp conversation has taken a turn for the worse, apparently her penis is a hard as a rock right now. Do crossed lines still exist in the mobile phone era?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:09 am
Account Closed

^^
Well I need to badmouth the guy in such a way that it looks like I am concerned on the client's behalf. So the rumour is going to have to be generated 6 degrees away from him and then filter across (gathering legs I hope).

As for the rest, Sunday is another day.

My whatsapp conversation has taken a turn for the worse, apparently her penis is a hard as a rock right now. Do crossed lines still exist in the mobile phone era?
Dunno, could be a massive hint that you're barking up the wrong legs...