How fast do you read?

Old Jul 14th 2013, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default How fast do you read?

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marke...der/index.html

436 wpm for me - only did the test once.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: How fast do you read?

You read 594 words per minute.
That makes you 138% faster than the national average.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

You read 184 words per minute.
That makes you 26% slower than the national average.

Sounds about right...
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You read 804 words per minute.
That makes you 222% faster than the national average.

That sounds excessive, but that's what it said. I started a speed reading course years ago and stopped as I realised it would cost me a fortune in books! I have learnt to read fast and absorb the salient facts as a way of dealing with all the boring work related stuff I read.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
You read 804 words per minute.
That makes you 222% faster than the national average.

That sounds excessive, but that's what it said. I started a speed reading course years ago and stopped as I realised it would cost me a fortune in books! I have learnt to read fast and absorb the salient facts as a way of dealing with all the boring work related stuff I read.
I definitely skim over sentences (not missing stuff but not 'actively' reading each word)....yet still get the info, or majority of it.

It's a blessing sometimes but I still need to read more.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:47 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

You read 423 words per minute.
That makes you 69% faster than the national average.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
You read 423 words per minute.
That makes you 69% faster than the national average.
Great %age.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

At least I beat BC.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 12:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Great %age.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

You read 402 words per minute.
That makes you 61% faster than the national average.

Not bad considering I'm shattered! I'm an avid reader, I literally do not leave the house without the Kindle in my bag in case of unforeseen delays .....
Old Jul 14th 2013, 3:26 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

You read 805 words per minute.
That makes you 223% faster than the national average.

Pleased with that.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 5:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You read 827 words per minute.
That makes you 231% faster than the national average.

I've always been a very fast reader, I was reading newspapers before I started school. Wass given a novel as a sunday school prize when I was 10, and read it during the sermon, my mother didn't believe me, so got the book and started to ask me questions about it, after about 10 she gave up and realised I had read it properly.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So the average BE poster (excluding thicko KIX) is somewhere between 50-100% faster than the average.

Now, I do not think that we are a very special bunch.

How bad is the average British reader?
Old Jul 14th 2013, 5:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
So the average BE poster (excluding thicko KIX) is somewhere between 50-100% faster than the average.

Now, I do not think that we are a very special bunch.

How bad is the average British reader?
perhaps we are quicker because we spend a lot of time reading posts?..
I supect there are a lot of slow readers out there because they just don't read books etc. many when they say they read a newspaper just skim the headlines, and get the rest from the TV
Old Jul 14th 2013, 5:45 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marke...der/index.html

436 wpm for me - only did the test once.
Snap I got the same.

There seems to be high scores here what ages are included to make the average?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.