Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Hotels 'residents rates'

Hotels 'residents rates'

Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotels 'residents rates'

Someone just told me rather than book online I should ring up the hotel I want to stay in and tell them I'm a resident, and they'll give me a better price for a 'resident rate',

is this right??
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:34 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotels 'residents rates'

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Someone just told me rather than book online I should ring up the hotel I want to stay in and tell them I'm a resident, and they'll give me a better price for a 'resident rate',

is this right??
many hotels do offer rates for GCC residents. Al Aqah last year were offering rooms at 350 per night! Bar in the pool, life couldn't be better.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:25 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

is this right??
Some of the hotels offer free loyalty cards..especially to Dubai resident regulars..for example:

Oasis Beach Hotel - Privilege Club card: gets you 20% of room rates, meals etc

Rydges Plaza Hotel - Rydges Prioriy Guest card: gets you 20% of meals and booze in Aussie Legends pub (where the Monday night quiz is) as well as 20% off meals in the Italian restaurant, Il Rustico... but not the Chinese and Indian restaurants upstairs.

I've saved 1000s of dirhams in the last 2 years...well worth it.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Some of the hotels offer free loyalty cards..especially to Dubai resident regulars..for example:

Oasis Beach Hotel - Privilege Club card: gets you 20% of room rates, meals etc

Rydges Plaza Hotel - Rydges Prioriy Guest card: gets you 20% of meals and booze in Aussie Legends pub (where the Monday night quiz is) as well as 20% off meals in the Italian restaurant, Il Rustico... but not the Chinese and Indian restaurants upstairs.

I've saved 1000s of dirhams in the last 2 years...well worth it.
but you only get them if you stay at the hotel?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you won't get it at the Oasis anymore, it's closed down apparently
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:21 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

but you only get them if you stay at the hotel?
No, you just apply. For example, at the Rydges Plaza hotel you go in via the front door up the steps and turn right and there you will find a computer for online applications...just fill fill out the form on the screen and you will receive a card by post !
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:32 pm
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you won't get it at the Oasis anymore, it's closed down apparently
Yes...Oasis Beach is closed until the new hotel is built. In the meantime, your current membership of the Oasis Beach Neighbourhood Privilege Club also gets you access to Jebel Ali International Hotels, which currently gives you the following:

10% discount at Hatta Fort Hotel accommodation and food.
10% of apartment rates at Oasis Beach Tower.
10% discount at Frankie's Italian Bar & Grill, Wagamama and Mai Tai lounge
20% off food and beverages at the Jebel Ali Golf resort & Spa.
plus 50% off some special events, such as Jumana - Secrets of the Desert
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MacScot
Yes...Oasis Beach is closed until the new hotel is built. In the meantime, your current membership of the Oasis Beach Neighbourhood Privilege Club also gets you access to Jebel Ali International Hotels, which currently gives you the following:

10% discount at Hatta Fort Hotel accommodation and food.
10% of apartment rates at Oasis Beach Tower.
10% discount at Frankie's Italian Bar & Grill, Wagamama and Mai Tai lounge
20% off food and beverages at the Jebel Ali Golf resort & Spa.
plus 50% off some special events, such as Jumana - Secrets of the Desert
ah I've just bloody booked fort hatta hotel for friday....
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:21 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

ah I've just bloody booked fort hatta hotel for friday....
Room number 13