Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Homesick? Watch this...

Homesick? Watch this...

Old Jan 7th 2012, 6:20 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Homesick? Watch this...

This is a short film made by a 13 year old called Caleb Yule. This lad has a bright future.

I think it is splendid and a total love poem to his home. It made me shed a few too... But then I'm very homesick. Yes it paints an ideal picture.. But... But.

Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/34381687

Last edited by lullabelle; Jan 7th 2012 at 6:21 pm. Reason: Can't embed... Arse
Old Jan 7th 2012, 9:01 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick? Watch this...

Really like that. Makes everything look like toys or a miniature village filmed in a stop-motion style. Very good.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this a few days back

Very relevant to me as is my hometown...my VI Form college featured at the beginning
Old Jan 8th 2012, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Gave up after umpteen pauses during the first 15 seconds, which took over 8 minutes to watch. It looked promising though.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

so this will make me even more homesick if I watch it? in which case may give it a miss
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
so this will make me even more homesick if I watch it? in which case may give it a miss
I dare you.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

scamp no thanks- I'm struggling at the moment! had a very bad flight back after xmas- its the first time my mum has asked me to come back home- I sobbed driving to the airport, in the gate- a poor family sat next to me who stupidly asked if I was ok got the full blubbing and then for the first two hours on the plane (got upgraded and the stewards were great- took pity on me I think- the guy sat next to me looked less amused).

Luckily i've been busy with work and ill since being back so haven't had time to think about it but think my days here may be numbered.(well i say that- I'm thinking of my house deposit and lack of jobs in blighty so may have to stay for now).

I head back to Uk in a couple of weeks and pretty regularly for the first half of this year so should be able to stick it out so NO I am not watching it, as don't think crying at my desk would do me much help.

PS its that time of the month which doesn't help and I hate this time of year in general
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
This is a short film made by a 13 year old called Caleb Yule. This lad has a bright future.

I think it is splendid and a total love poem to his home. It made me shed a few too... But then I'm very homesick. Yes it paints an ideal picture.. But... But.

Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/34381687
It made me very happy to see the old girl looking so well when I watched this yesterday. Makes a change from all the "ISN'T IT **** HERE" headlines that the Daily Fascist etc splurge out every day. Surely one upside to being in the Middle East is that we can appreciate all the stuff at home that we took for granted and know that really, we're bloody lucky to be British. Even the Scots.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
scamp no thanks- I'm struggling at the moment! had a very bad flight back after xmas- its the first time my mum has asked me to come back home- I sobbed driving to the airport, in the gate- a poor family sat next to me who stupidly asked if I was ok got the full blubbing and then for the first two hours on the plane (got upgraded and the stewards were great- took pity on me I think- the guy sat next to me looked less amused).

Luckily i've been busy with work and ill since being back so haven't had time to think about it but think my days here may be numbered.(well i say that- I'm thinking of my house deposit and lack of jobs in blighty so may have to stay for now).

I head back to Uk in a couple of weeks and pretty regularly for the first half of this year so should be able to stick it out so NO I am not watching it, as don't think crying at my desk would do me much help.

PS its that time of the month which doesn't help and I hate this time of year in general
Keep your chin up then, if you've got lots of trips back to the UK Q1/Q2 then you'll be seeing everyone. Then you've got summer which no doubt you'll be taking time away elsewhere on holidays, then it's just a rundown to Xmas which is when you'll no doubt see family again. Before you know it it's 2013 and you'll be wondering where the last year went....let alone what it's like back home every day.

It's shit missing family and friends but if you're lucky like me and live only a short-ish distance from a London Airport then you're home in 12 hours door to door give or take.

Just get back into work and you'll be fine love.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

and I used to work at that Asda (Deli) when I was 17 :-)
Old Jan 8th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Seagull_smash is an unknown quantity at this point

It's my hometown too! (Hove actually)

Fantastic Video, although it does omit the smack heads, the drunks, the shit weather not to mention rising crime and violence.

A true reflection of Britain it is not. But, hats off to the young lad.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seagull_smash
It's my hometown too! (Hove actually)

Fantastic Video, although it does omit the smack heads, the drunks, the shit weather not to mention rising crime and violence.

A true reflection of Britain it is not. But, hats off to the young lad.
Welcome Smashey . Should have some banter on here when dish out a footballing lesson to Newcastle in the FA cup as we did to Sunderland in the Carling Cup (and Southampton in the Championship). #we'lllosethereplayatwrexhamnow
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
and I used to work at that Asda (Deli) when I was 17 :-)
I believe that makes you working class.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

The chattering classes refer to said grocer in the singular.

If I'd said 'I used to work down Asdas' you'd have a point.

Anyway the Asda deli back in the late 80 sold all sort of exotic stuff like Veggie Pakoras and Satay Sticks. Needless to say Irish Cheddar, Corned Beef, Haslet and Scotch Eggs were the best sellers.

Used to do the weekly shop there myself before I came out here but I could only face the place at 5am Saturday morning for some reason.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I used to work in Tescos Deli I once fell over behind the fish counter-not a good day - I went out that night and had a bit of a whiff all night- and I still pulled lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.