Holding a door open

Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:23 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Holding a door open

Is it still socially acceptable to hold a door open for a woman to walk through or is this old fashion?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holding a door open

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Is it still socially acceptable to hold a door open for a woman to walk through or is this old fashion?
totally acceptable...good manners to hold it for a man or woman i would have thought...

MM, xx
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:34 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I was out tonight and came to a bar at exactly the same time as a young lady comming the other way. So I pulled the door open and waited...and glanced at her as she remained stopped just a foot away from me...and waited...finally I put my hand behind her (being careful not to touch) and said "You first". She walked through and just gave me a confused look.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:37 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

I agree with MM, it only shows good manners unless the Lady in question makes it clear she wants to do it herself.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Sofa No.2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this was going to be an "Emirati women can only walk through held-open door if the holder is her husband" type thread.

Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:45 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

I'm old school if it comes down to woman C. I've never been able to go Double Dutch (man and woman both paying for the meal). It's part of the courtship game, call it foreplay if you want to if you ask me. Difficult to put into words, but what the heck? I'm the crazy Dutchie on here. MH would say "I understand him"
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:05 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Dutchie
MH would say "I understand him"

Interesting, I'm devious like this and work on a "reverse principals" basis. If I meet someone I like I'll convince her to buy for me (usually using a proposition bet or similar fun game). I have found the more you can get her to invest in you the more commited she becomes to the interaction.

Also steeling her lines:
<We meet> "You seem like a player..."
<We make out> "We need to stop now, I'm not comfortable doing this here and now so lets re-join our friends"
<We are kissing on the bed getting intimate> "We really shouldnt be doing this"
It's bizzare but because you use the objection before she does it makes the objection void.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:13 pm

Interesting, I'm devious like this and work on a "reverse principals" basis. If I meet someone I like I'll convince her to buy for me (usually using a proposition bet or similar fun game). I have found the more you can get her to invest in you the more commited she becomes to the interaction.

Also steeling her lines:
<We make out> "We need to stop now, I'm not comfortable doing this here and now so lets re-join our friends"
It's bizzare but because you use the objection before she does it makes the objection void.
I would classify you as a bed hopper C. One day you'll understand what I'm trying to say. I was one to in my wild years.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:18 pm

Also steeling her lines:

But... As this old goat has a date tonight? Yes, suite with cuff links, a night at the opera followed by a good late night meal and wines. I need a shower and a shave as well as getting dressed. Hmm... Last day I'm driving around in something decent on wheels. Have fun BE
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:44 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Dutchie
I would classify you as a bed hopper C. One day you'll understand what I'm trying to say. I was one to in my wild years.
Undoubtedly we have different reasons for our persuit but in many regards we still desire the same things (I suspect most people do) like acceptance, approval etc. Basically someone who will love us because we are human and have faults, not despite them. It's not comming from a needy place of "I need to be loved" but from a sincear place deep inside us that is a "I want to share myself with someone who I feel is deserving".

In many ways, generally speaking, I think women are more attuned to this idea. If you watch women talk to men they constantly look for these values and looking for men who elicit values from them (Which socially intelligent people will naturally do anyway).
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:54 pm