Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Hmmm, this freelance malarky

Hmmm, this freelance malarky

Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hmmm, this freelance malarky

Ok so I can't afford to register myself as a company, I simply don't have the AED 25-40k to do it.

Plus I could be out of a job in the next 6 weeks, along with that I've been offered some pretty good freelance work, a few big projects with decent money - but the problem is they need my quote and then payment to be from a registered freelancer / company.

Now is there any way at all around this? My mate runs a marketing company and I'm trying to get him to let me use his company, so he's looking into it, obvioulsy the cash willgo to them and then to me, so there's always that risk as well I suppose if ot somehow not making it to me.

This freelance would be a real missed oportunity if I couldn't do it for the sake of being registered.

Any ideas??
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:07 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hmmm, this freelance malarky

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok so I can't afford to register myself as a company, I simply don't have the AED 25-40k to do it.

Plus I could be out of a job in the next 6 weeks, along with that I've been offered some pretty good freelance work, a few big projects with decent money - but the problem is they need my quote and then payment to be from a registered freelancer / company.

Now is there any way at all around this? My mate runs a marketing company and I'm trying to get him to let me use his company, so he's looking into it, obvioulsy the cash willgo to them and then to me, so there's always that risk as well I suppose if ot somehow not making it to me.

This freelance would be a real missed oportunity if I couldn't do it for the sake of being registered.

Any ideas??
Ask for a %age of the money upfront to anable you to set your company up, its not unusal to ask for 10-15% upfront
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rowell
Ask for a %age of the money upfront to anable you to set your company up, its not unusal to ask for 10-15% upfront
It doesn't work like that. You have to be registered in order to fill out a vendor form in order for the Company to raise a purchase order for payment of any kind.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

:

My mrs has set up a few companies and I am pretty sure she can get it cheaper than that....
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily
My mrs has set up a few companies and I am pretty sure she can get it cheaper than that....
Cheapest media compnay set up is via RAK and that's around AED25K, but you also need surety monies of around AED100k in the applicant's bank account for a few weeks.

It isn't a cheap process.

-
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Cheapest media compnay set up is via RAK and that's around AED25K, but you also need surety monies of around AED100k in the applicant's bank account for a few weeks.

-
Well that's never, ever going to happen to be honest, no way I can raise that sort of cash.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's never, ever going to happen to be honest, no way I can raise that sort of cash.

Well I did suggest that you got in touch, but you didn't bother...

-
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Well I did suggest that you got in touch, but you didn't bother...

-
did you?

Ok hang on....
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

-
Surely that depends on who you know to do all the paperwork, who your sponsor is, if you do the running around yourself etc etc.

Either way.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

No idea if it's possible, but why don't you set up in another country as a freelancer? Or do they want a UAE trade license?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

do you trust your mate?
if no look for other options.
if you do then thats proably the best way to go, make sure you explain it to the client though otherwise they will have no idea why they are hiring you and paying him.
do it a couple of times and save the cash in order to set up yourself
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shiva
do you trust your mate?
if no look for other options.
if you do then thats proably the best way to go, make sure you explain it to the client though otherwise they will have no idea why they are hiring you and paying him.
do it a couple of times and save the cash in order to set up yourself
yeah I'm trying that to be honest, we shall see what happens.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:21 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I'm trying that to be honest, we shall see what happens.
fuxache make sure he is a trusted mate and not a 'mate'..

you know what i mean.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:24 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by commander
fuxache make sure he is a trusted mate and not a 'mate'..

you know what i mean.
aye I do, but he runs the company and needs to get teh directors approval. Plus I'm doing work for him, quite a bit and have offered a permanent discount.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

aye I do, but he runs the company and needs to get teh directors approval. Plus I'm doing work for him, quite a bit and have offered a permanent discount.
The only mate who is a real mate is the mate who gives you karmas with asking nothing in return...

Anyway, I knew a local who used to do the "money in the bank for 2 weeks" thing for a premium...His money is gone now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.