Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Highest Paid Footballer

Highest Paid Footballer

Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Highest Paid Footballer

According to Al Jazeerah News, the highest paid footballer in the world is...David Beckham... he doesn' t even rank in the worlds Top 100 players in my view. He must therefore be much brighter than he sounds when he opens his mouth.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:54 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Highest Paid Footballer

Originally Posted by lionheart
According to Al Jazeerah News, the highest paid footballer in the world is...David Beckham... he doesn' t even rank in the worlds Top 100 players in my view. He must therefore be much brighter than he sounds when he opens his mouth.
Maybe he is on the wane, but even now, if the rest of the England team tried half as much as he does every time he steps on a football pitch, and showed the same passion for wearing the 3 Lions shirt, despite all his wealth and fame, we would win every competition we went in for !!

Whatever you think of him, his wife, or his eloquence (and he has improved about 100% from when he first came on the scene with regards public speaking . interviews), he's a fantastic role model, consumate professional and puts a lot back into football, certainly in London for under priveleged kids, with his soccer schools, and regularly attends them / coaches there

He could teach a lot of footballers a thing or two, ...and no Im not a Man U fan or a Spice Girls fan, before you say it...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I like him and I like her...they seem like a fun couple...and I think it's very hard to function being in the limelight as they are...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:28 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Maybe he is on the wane, but even now, if the rest of the England team tried half as much as he does every time he steps on a football pitch, and showed the same passion for wearing the 3 Lions shirt, despite all his wealth and fame, we would win every competition we went in for !!

Whatever you think of him, his wife, or his eloquence (and he has improved about 100% from when he first came on the scene with regards public speaking . interviews), he's a fantastic role model, consumate professional and puts a lot back into football, certainly in London for under priveleged kids, with his soccer schools, and regularly attends them / coaches there

He could teach a lot of footballers a thing or two, ...and no Im not a Man U fan or a Spice Girls fan, before you say it...
Oh dear, BM, and last night you came across as such a bright young man!!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:40 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Oh dear, BM, and last night you came across as such a bright young man!!!!!
Shall we discuss a famous Scottish footballer then......umm, er, urrmm.......?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Shall we discuss a famous Scottish footballer then......umm, er, urrmm.......?
Gordon Strachan...A legend...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent results for Liverpool and Chelsea in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League this evening. Congratulations to all concerned, especially the Reds who were 1-2 down and fought back to beat Arsenal 4-2.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:43 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Confucius
He's a ginger tosser, give me a break !
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:45 pm
Hammer for Life

Excellent results for Liverpool and Chelsea in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League this evening. Congratulations to all concerned, especially the Reds who were 1-2 down and fought back to beat Arsenal 4-2.
And we can now look forward to yet another dire semi final between these two............Im not biased against Chelsea.....I dont care who beats them !
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:46 pm
Hammer for Life

What about Archie Gemmill ?.....Jimmy Johnstone ?..........class ....lol
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

What about Archie Gemmill ?.....Jimmy Johnstone ?..........class ....lol
You're talking to me as if I'm a real Scot...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:04 pm
Hammer for Life

You're talking to me as if I'm a real Scot...
I didnt know you were a real anything ?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

of course he is, he signed a deal thats worth £250m. It's all about 'Brand Beckham' and getting people interested in the game over there, Real Madrid are miles worse off now as they don't sell half as many shirts as when he was there, all the girls slide off their seats when they see him and even the blokes love him.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:43 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Good result for you last night fella.

Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:43 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
I like him and I like her...they seem like a fun couple...and I think it's very hard to function being in the limelight as they are...
I read somewhere that she's the most photographed woman in the world, it must be extremely hard, especially when you've got 3 kids as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.