Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale

Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale

Old Jul 26th 2009, 7:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale

you know the spiel, we need stock!! you can drop off donations at the Organic Supermarket at the Greens, box them up and mark them for Helping Hands, I will collect them from there.

Next sale will be after Ramadan

Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Duckductgoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Helping Hands Book/DVD Sale

Do you want children's books and DVD's?
Old Jul 26th 2009, 7:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duckductgoose
Do you want children's books and DVD's?
definately
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:01 am
Concierge

Thanks to Patsy Stoned who has donate two huge boxes of books!!!! if you are in the 'new' Dubai area I am happy to pick up donations.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to do a good clear out of my dvd's and books, so I'll make a drop off this afternoon. Hopefully I can come to the sale for once!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:49 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I need to do a good clear out of my dvd's and books, so I'll make a drop off this afternoon. Hopefully I can come to the sale for once!
thanks EE
Old Jul 26th 2009, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Thanks to Patsy Stoned who has donate two huge boxes of books!!!! if you are in the 'new' Dubai area I am happy to pick up donations.
i bet half of those are mine, she never returns them, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jul 26th 2009, 12:17 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
No rush. We aren't doing the sale until Oct or Nov, but the idea was to put people on notice so they'd think about Helping Hands and set books etc aside for us.

We have been offered a different venue for a future sale - DUCTAC in MoE. I think it's a good option as there is a lot of parking (even in busy times always spaces on 3rd floor) and DUCTAC will promote it for us as well as help out. Not everyone knows where the Lakes Club is or wants to go there and there is lots of footfall in the mall. I'd be interested to hear what people think of that as a option. Thanks.

-
Old Jul 26th 2009, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
We have been offered a different venue for a future sale - DUCTAC in MoE. I think it's a good option as there is a lot of parking (even in busy times always spaces on 3rd floor) and DUCTAC will promote it for us as well as help out. Not everyone knows where the Lakes Club is or wants to go there and there is lots of footfall in the mall. I'd be interested to hear what people think of that as a option. Thanks.

-
oooh, i think ductac would be miles better...parking at the lakes is a mare, and if you're in moe you can tag the book sale on to a bit or shopping or cocktails at apres...

MM, xx
Old Jul 26th 2009, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oooh, i think ductac would be miles better...parking at the lakes is a mare, and if you're in moe you can tag the book sale on to a bit or shopping or cocktails at apres...

MM, xx
yeah but my biggest worry is that the Mall is pretty busy on Fridays especially at the ski end, and the Lakes have always been so supportive, we have done them at the Lakes for nearly three years now. The lakes is so easy for setting up, the access for getting all the books in is so easy, I can't see the Mall being happy when we block all the parking so we can unload 6 SUV's right near the door.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah but my biggest worry is that the Mall is pretty busy on Fridays especially at the ski end, and the Lakes have always been so supportive, we have done them at the Lakes for nearly three years now. The lakes is so easy for setting up, the access for getting all the books in is so easy, I can't see the Mall being happy when we block all the parking so we can unload 6 SUV's right near the door.
but you start at, what, 10am in the morning, it's dead at moe until around 1pm, then gets crazy...presumably there is a loading bay, or how does all the stage stuff get into the building...

MM, xx
Old Jul 26th 2009, 12:58 pm
Concierge

but you start at, what, 10am in the morning, it's dead at moe until around 1pm, then gets crazy...presumably there is a loading bay, or how does all the stage stuff get into the building...

MM, xx
exactly it's dead at MOE, so no passing traffic, the Lakes Club is mobbed on a Friday morning. If we didn't at DUCTAC it would be an afternoon thing, I prefer mornings personally.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

exactly it's dead at MOE, so no passing traffic, the Lakes Club is mobbed on a Friday morning. If we didn't at DUCTAC it would be an afternoon thing, I prefer mornings personally.
oh, afternoon at moe wouldn't be brilliant...but surely the same people would make the effort to come there in the morning there as they do at the lakes (the ones who come via your promotional activities) and, as i said, in fact you'd get more people cos no stress about parking and they can combine it with shopping/lunch, whereas you wouldn't do that at the lakes club...

anyway, this is all about me, me, me, and i'm just telling you what i'd prefer, lmao...

MM, xx
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:08 pm
Concierge

oh, afternoon at moe wouldn't be brilliant...but surely the same people would make the effort to come there in the morning there as they do at the lakes (the ones who come via your promotional activities) and, as i said, in fact you'd get more people cos no stress about parking and they can combine it with shopping/lunch, whereas you wouldn't do that at the lakes club...

anyway, this is all about me, me, me, and i'm just telling you what i'd prefer, lmao...

MM, xx
the majority of people who buy are the people who are using the Lakes club that day, and calling into Choithrams etc. I have got a database of about a 1000 that I email and we use EW, Facebook etc as well. We have a few customers who always turn up and always spend. The last sale was a bit slower than others and people were saying they weren't buying because they were leaving and were just donating cash as they didn't want to take more books. The majority of people I know wouldn't set foot in MOE on a Friday, myself included
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the majority of people who buy are the people who are using the Lakes club that day, and calling into Choithrams etc. I have got a database of about a 1000 that I email and we use EW, Facebook etc as well. We have a few customers who always turn up and always spend. The last sale was a bit slower than others and people were saying they weren't buying because they were leaving and were just donating cash as they didn't want to take more books. The majority of people I know wouldn't set foot in MOE on a Friday, myself included
then why are you even considering ductac or asking the question...sounds like you're not even interested in changing the venue...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.