Reload this Page >

Help with visa cancellation status

Help with visa cancellation status

Old Jul 2nd 2017, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

topcat1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with visa cancellation status

In need of some valuable advice.

My friend has just tried to leave Dubai due to a family emergency but as his visa is in process (medical done but not biometrics) and immigration have stopped him from leaving the country. The labour card has been cancelled and cancellation of visa at General Directorate of Residency & Foreign Affairs but still he is not able to leave as the system has not been updated.

My first question is do we need to receive an email from the company from the GDRFA to reflect the cancellation of visa/labour card to take to immigration or can he just turn up as its in the system. Currently the GDRFA helpline still says under process.

Secondly, the company as he is still in his probation period is requesting the full amount of the visa/residency fees to be paid back in full advising that they will only release the GDRFA email confirmation when he has paid this back. Also they are requesting his partners visa/residency fees too as she is currently in the UK. In this legal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help with visa cancellation status

Ok. Firstly, the company will have to cancel the application with Immigration. This will involve them taking his passport to do and you have not said if he is still on good terms with the company but the length of time they take to do this will probably depend on how he is dealing with this - you say this is a family emergency but the company will have already paid out for his whole visa so may be more than a little annoyed about the whole thing. If he can remain on good terms it will speed things up. He cannot leave UAE while his visa is under process. The company themselves will need to go to Immigration and cancel it/signatory of company needs to sign etc.

Secondly - his 'partner' - is this his wife? And if not - I am not sure how they can ask for him to pay anything on her behalf?

The repayment of visas/labour cards etc is noted as illegal however I am not sure what footing you will be on having not even completed the process.

You can also call Immigration and speak to someone directly for proper information they are very helpful. GDRFA