Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

has anyone ever done those Military Bootcamps at the beach?

has anyone ever done those Military Bootcamps at the beach?

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default has anyone ever done those Military Bootcamps at the beach?

Or would I be better off getting a personal trainer?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:04 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: has anyone ever done those Military Bootcamps at the beach?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=boot+camp
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

thank-u
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
get a personal trainer...contact patsy stoned on here, she's one of the best around...

MM, xx
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
get a personal trainer...contact patsy stoned on here, she's one of the best around...

MM, xx

Patsy Stoned? Does she cover Marina?

Ta for the tip
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Patsy Stoned? Does she cover Marina?

Ta for the tip
you need to go to her, but she's in barsha, so not far...

MM, xx
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

military boot camp can be a good way to kick start a fitness regime, as it can help with that initial required motivation.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep food intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat, practise and train constantly varied functional movements, keeping workouts short, intense and irregular

there ya go just saved you a fortune.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep food intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat, practise and train constantly varied functional movements, keeping workouts short, intense and irregular

but this is why personal trainers and boot camps are in business.

A good chunk of the population just need that bit of help. I can understand it, it's difficult to go from couch potato to fitness person on your own.

How many gyms make their living from people that sign up, pay monthly direct debit or credit card, but never actually go?

Personally I think the boot camps are a good idea, as it can put you alongside kindred spirits, which can help with motivation.

Whereas its a bit easier just to cancel a personal trainer appointment.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
but this is why personal trainers and boot camps are in business.

A good chunk of the population just need that bit of help. I can understand it, it's difficult to go from couch potato to fitness person on your own.

How many gyms make their living from people that sign up, pay monthly direct debit or credit card, but never actually go?
that in fact is the specific buisiness model that gyms operate on, bloody brilliant idea really

Personally I think the boot camps are a good idea, as it can put you alongside kindred spirits, which can help with motivation.
agreed and from what i have seen of them here a far more efficient and effective set of workouts than the usual pointless efforts of treadmill/stairclimber et al

Whereas its a bit easier just to cancel a personal trainer appointment.
i can never understand why people equate paying money with motivation in regards to fitness, if you want to get fit then get fit...what the hell does ponying up some cash have to do with it
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

i can never understand why people equate paying money with motivation in regards to fitness, if you want to get fit then get fit...what the hell does ponying up some cash have to do with it

For me,

if I wake up in the morning and don't fancy going to the gym, I'll leave it alone.

If I'm paying someone at least a 'pony' an hour to train and motivate me, I'll defo make sure I turn up
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

no sugar? You need some sugar in yr diet no?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

but if yr someone who has never been into going to the gym/exercising then you are def better off getting someone to teach you how to exercise sensibly without damaging yourself and show you what exercises are the best to do etc so its much more than motivation that you get from a personal trainer
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:32 am
**** it we'll do it live

For me,

if I wake up in the morning and don't fancy going to the gym, I'll leave it alone.

If I'm paying someone at least a 'pony' an hour to train and motivate me, I'll defo make sure I turn up
each to their own but are you getting fit to enrichen someone else financially to to enrichen your own life?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:34 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
no sugar? You need some sugar in yr diet no?
no, you'll get more than enough from fruit and that life critical moring coffee (at least in my case anyways )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.