greens or palm

Old May 21st 2011, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

DubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant futureDubaiPete has a brilliant future
Default greens or palm

Hello,

Just a quick one, having never lived in either, what area either Shoreline Apartments or the greens would you lot live in?

We have a 16month baby, wife would not be working

Any thought's welcomed

DubaiPete
Old May 21st 2011, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of
Default Re: greens or palm

Originally Posted by DubaiPete
Hello,

Just a quick one, having never lived in either, what area either Shoreline Apartments or the greens would you lot live in?

Any thought's welcomed

DubaiPete
Greens
Old May 21st 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

With a sprog in toe and a housewife i'd say the greens fella!!! The palm is nice but it's really just the name it has going for it!
Old May 21st 2011, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Greens
Old May 21st 2011, 7:59 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree. I live on the shoreline and two of my good friends live in the greens.

I love the beach and being able to get a beer by the pool of an evening.

The greens is way cheaper. But get the right apartment and the views can be stunning here. There's not a single day goes by that I'm unhappy we moved to the shoreline. It can be a bit club tropicana at times due to the number of holidaymakers but my kids can go out to play unsupervised and ride their bikes safely along the paths. They have made tons of friends and love the location. Our landlord has defaulted on our mortgage so we will be moving late July but we will be looking for another apartment on the shoreline if/when we come back after the summer.

It's quick to get to most places and the little restaurants all along the shoreline are pretty decent. It's also cooler - you get a decent sea breeze.

It's horses for courses really though - I like it cos it's effortless. There's enough here to keep me and the family occupied all weekend without having to get in a car and drive somewhere. That's a big deal for me.

The fairways at the greens has the best pool complex I've seen though - very impressive. And there's a kids playroom poolside - perfect for tinies.
Old May 21st 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I disagree. I live on the shoreline and two of my good friends live in the greens.

The greens is way cheaper. But get the right apartment and the views can be stunning here. There's not a single day goes by that I'm unhappy we moved to the shoreline. It can be a bit club tropicana at times due to the number of holidaymakers but my kids can go out to play unsupervised and ride their bikes safely along the paths. They have made tons of friends and love the location. Our landlord has defaulted on our mortgage so we will be moving late July but we will be looking for another apartment on the shoreline if/when we come back after the summer.

It's quick to get to most places and the little restaurants all along the shoreline are pretty decent. It's also cooler - you get a decent sea breeze.

It's horses for courses really though - I like it cos it's effortless. There's enough here to keep me and the family occupied all weekend without having to get in a car and drive somewhere. That's a big deal for me.

The fairways at the greens has the best pool complex I've seen though - very impressive. And there's a kids playroom poolside - perfect for tinies.
Your landlord defaulted on the mortgage? You've had quite a few kicks in the plums since you arrived haven't you? Hope the luck changes for you soon....
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:53 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle

We never considered the Palm, how much is a 4 bed apartment roughly?
Old May 22nd 2011, 3:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
as far as I know the biggest ones are 3 bed, the 4 beds are the duplex ones that are 250,000+....they are quite massive, double height living room, high windows. The ones on the right hand side are always more expensive as they have the direct beach access.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:14 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
Anything owned/managed by Nakheel has to be a disaster...unless you have a really good landlord.
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:18 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't get why people would choose either of those especially with villa prices the way they are now
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:26 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
I still don't get why people would choose either of those especially with villa prices the way they are now

yup...just got this one on my email, not seen it, but sounds worth checking out...
(for commander that is, not the OP)

Set in Um Sequim 2 this is a fabulous compound villa. There are 5 spacious bedrooms with extensive fitted wardrobes, large kitchen/ dining area, spacious hallway and living area, huge upstairs TV area, outdoor balcony, downstairs a small private garden and terrace followed by shared gardens gym and pool great for 220,000 AED
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:06 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiPete
Hello,

Any thought's welcomed

DubaiPete
We've been on Shoreline for over two years and love it. Apartments are a good size, we've had no problems in our new place with build quality, and the amenities are very good (supposedly more shops opening up in Building 10 soon).
I'm not a huge fan of the Greens, I'm not sure why, just don't like the place.
Old May 22nd 2011, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in the Fairways in the Greens. Fantastic pool, possibly the best apartment pool in Dubai. It has a 30 meter lap pool along with several other pools, and with stunning views across the golf course to the Marina skyline.

The Greens is divided into two areas. Low-rise Greens are slightly older and more basic. High rises are fancy. Overall, landscaping is excellent, it's walkable with a small shopping centre and parks. Emaar keeps the whole place spic and span. Nice mix of people - lots of young families, singles and couples as well as older people. All sorts of nationalities.

The Palm is quite nice too. The apartments tend to be bigger in the Shorelines versus the Fairways/Golf/Links Towers in the Greens. It's a bit cooler but also more damp. Friends have had mixed experience with the finishes and construction quality. Nakheel runs the place which isn't good news. The Palm is more expensive and costs are higher for the Palm is under a district cooling scheme which means you must pay a minimum monthly charge for your AC, regardless of whether you have the AC on or not. Actual consumption is on top of the charge. (Greens doesn't have district cooling so your AC is included as part of the electricity usage).

In general living in either place isn't going to hurt you. Go with whatever strikes your fancy.
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:35 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been to a kitchen fire at Al Ghaf, The Greens. A nice 3-bed apartment on the third floor with a superb view of the pool and gardens to the rear cost Dhs108K which seems reasonable enough. The fire was started by an idiot in an apartment below. Not too serious just smoke damage.
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just been to a kitchen fire at Al Ghaf, The Greens. A nice 3-bed apartment on the third floor with a superb view of the pool and gardens to the rear cost Dhs108K which seems reasonable enough. The fire was started by an idiot in an apartment below. Not too serious just smoke damage.

Is this what you do for free entertainment these days?

(kidding LH)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.