Good News for Smokers

Old May 15th 2008, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good News for Smokers

Later this month the next part of smoking regulations come into force in Dubai.

Smoking will be banned in all enclosed places. Bars/restaurants will be allowed separate smoking areas but they will have to be enclosed. So no allowing smoking at the bar like they do in places such as Malecon and Apres.

the quiz night is starting to look so much more pleasant lol
Old May 15th 2008, 4:39 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good News for Smokers

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

Smoking will be banned in all enclosed places. Bars/restaurants will be allowed separate smoking areas but they will have to be enclosed. So no allowing smoking at the bar like they do in places such as Malecon and Apres.

Yeah, all us smokers can sit together!
Old May 15th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

is it the same in Abu Dhabi? and can you smoke in the office?
Old May 15th 2008, 5:47 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Why is that good news? It seems Dubai is falling into line with the rest of the world in take away peoples liberties.

If you don't want to smoke, go to a no-smoking bar. Would it not be better to let bars chose their policy, then let the public decide?
Old May 15th 2008, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Why is that good news? It seems Dubai is falling into line with the rest of the world in take away peoples liberties.

If you don't want to smoke, go to a no-smoking bar. Would it not be better to let bars chose their policy, then let the public decide?
not when every bar is smoking and they infringe my civil liberties.

by the same argument people should be allowed to snort cocaine off bar tops.
if they want to do it then its their human right to do so!

and what about people who work in bars and have a higher risk of cancer due to smokers? they dont have a choice.
Old May 15th 2008, 5:55 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

and what about people who work in bars and have a higher risk of cancer due to smokers? they dont have a choice.
My point is, let the bar choose. If it is no-smoking then you can go there, if it is smoking, I can go there.

If someone wants to work in a smoking bar, they apply for a job there. If they want to be non-smoking bar they apply there.

It's called freedom of choice.

By the way, the cocaine argument is strange - it is an illegal substance (tobacco is not, yet).
Old May 15th 2008, 5:57 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Inse, you are comparing apples and pears?????
What's that on your nose?
Old May 15th 2008, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Eva
Inse, you are comparing apples and pears?????
What's that on your nose?
Puncture reapir kit glue.........
Old May 15th 2008, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

chill out Spidey....you should have a fag.help you calm down.
Old May 15th 2008, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TBird
is it the same in Abu Dhabi? and can you smoke in the office?
it is Federal Law so yes it applies to AD
Old May 16th 2008, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy to wade in here and support you on this one Inse, as possibly the only other non-smoking quiz member! I just hope they enforce it properly. You and I are the only worthwhile members of the quiz team anyway - let the rest of them smoke themselves out in a cupboard somewhere...

Last edited by Emerald_Eyes; May 16th 2008 at 6:06 am.
Old May 16th 2008, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Happy to wade in here and support you on this one Inse, as possibly the only other non-smoking quiz member! I just hope they enforce it properly. You and I are the only worthwhile members of the quiz team anyway - let the rest of them smoke themselves out in a cupboard somewhere...
Am I going to be the first member who is actually going to try and give up smoking? Who wants to join me?
Old May 16th 2008, 7:17 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see why they can't have segregated areas so everyone can still go in whichever bar they choose. It's not great stinking of smoke when you get home, but on the other hand, pubs in the UK smell weird now - a mixture of BO, farts and beer. Not pleasant.
Old May 16th 2008, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Am I going to be the first member who is actually going to try and give up smoking? Who wants to join me?
bugger off..
Old May 16th 2008, 7:27 am
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Patches here we come! Thinking about giving up anyway, particularly as we are made to go out in the sunshine for a fag when in work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.