Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Getting a bank loan if you're not on the list....

Getting a bank loan if you're not on the list....

Old May 7th 2013, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a bank loan if you're not on the list....

Maybe it is time to turn into an adult.
Old May 7th 2013, 8:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by scot47
Maybe it is time to turn into an adult.
Did you bypass that and go straight to bumbling fool?
Old May 7th 2013, 8:59 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Did you bypass that and go straight to bumbling fool?
I think it was his period of substance abuse that led to early onset senility
Old May 7th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I have just come across this thread. If you have any problems getting your 12% loan, let me know. I have a little nest egg which is presently earning zilch interest in an offshore bank account.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
I have just come across this thread. If you have any problems getting your 12% loan, let me know. I have a little nest egg which is presently earning zilch interest in an offshore bank account.
Spugsy - I was going to suggest asking friends that you have mutual trust with to help.

That being said - it can end friendships and can make it uncomfortable.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Bumbling fool ? Senile ? I am noit the one with a £5000 credit card debt five years after arriving in the Gulf !
Old May 7th 2013, 9:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said, just tighten your belt for a few months and pay the damn thing off in full. Five years here and still having a debt UK debts isn't smart. Swapping a UK loan for a UAE one is a bad move.

It's not even that much really and by now you ought to have paid of everything and be saving substantially for your future. No one else can do that for you.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scot47
Bumbling fool ? Senile ? I am noit the one with a £5000 credit card debt five years after arriving in the Gulf !
What you said has a similar sentiment to the below quote. You just happened to be much more insulting and much, much less useful.

Originally Posted by Meow
As others have said, just tighten your belt for a few months and pay the damn thing off in full. Five years here and still having a debt UK debts isn't smart. Swapping a UK loan for a UAE one is a bad move.

It's not even that much really and by now you ought to have paid of everything and be saving substantially for your future. No one else can do that for you.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

summer's coming and going out gets crap

cancel the holiday, invest 1000AED in cooking lager at barracuda, develop an interest in cricket on telly and stop in for a couple of months and the debt has gone
Old May 7th 2013, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
summer's coming and going out gets crap

cancel the holiday, invest 1000AED in cooking lager at barracuda, develop an interest in cricket on telly and stop in for a couple of months and the debt has gone
Shit the bed. The Ashes is coming. Great shout....thanks Sandboy.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:21 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Shit the bed. The Ashes is coming. Great shout....thanks Sandboy.
Thats made my day. Was only saying friday what the hell was I going to do every afternoon avoiding alcohol without the olympics.

1st test starts pretty much the same time as Ramadan, 3 tests before the Eid.

Though avoiding alcohol before going back to work could be difficult with cricket...............
Old May 7th 2013, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Thats made my day. Was only saying friday what the hell was I going to do every afternoon avoiding alcohol without the olympics.

1st test starts pretty much the same time as Ramadan, 3 tests before the Eid.

Though avoiding alcohol before going back to work could be difficult with cricket...............
Dont' forget the Lions tour, similar time....
Old May 8th 2013, 5:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
That's very good of you but loaning money from mates is never a good idea, but I do appreciate it.

I'm getting a smaller amount and paying it off over 6 months, will pay the rest out of salary and it'll all be done and finished.

And yes, to most of you, I've had an absolutely cracking time having fun, buying loads of stuff, going on amazing holidays but it's plain stupid that I'm in debt and have saved nowt. But I'm not planning on leaving for a while so there's still time.

Thanks for all the advice though. And I got a 12% RAK bank loan so it's a lot but a lot less than I'm paying on the credit card back home.
Old May 8th 2013, 5:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
That's very good of you but loaning money from mates is never a good idea, but I do appreciate it.

I'm getting a smaller amount and paying it off over 6 months, will pay the rest out of salary and it'll all be done and finished.

And yes, to most of you, I've had an absolutely cracking time having fun, buying loads of stuff, going on amazing holidays but it's plain stupid that I'm in debt and have saved nowt. But I'm not planning on leaving for a while so there's still time.

Thanks for all the advice though. And I got a 12% RAK bank loan so it's a lot but a lot less than I'm paying on the credit card back home.
you aren't an idiot, well sometimes pay it off and put it behind you, we all know you have had a ball since you got here, life is too short to get upset over financial shit.
Old May 8th 2013, 6:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you aren't an idiot, well sometimes pay it off and put it behind you, we all know you have had a ball since you got here, life is too short to get upset over financial shit.
Oh I'm not upset....just want to get it sorted and paid off so I can move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.