Gatwick / Heathrow

Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gatwick / Heathrow

Hello,

can somebody please tell me how long it takes to travel from Heathrow to Gatwick?
Is there a shuttle available or would one have to take a taxi?

Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gatwick / Heathrow

it's a mare, LL...i don't think there is a shuttle, so you'd need to get into london (victoria) to get the Gatwick Express, or get a taxi which would be >£70 i would reckon...

(err...there may be a coach, not sure...)

MM, xx
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Hello,

can somebody please tell me how long it takes to travel from Heathrow to Gatwick?
Is there a shuttle available or would one have to take a taxi?

Thanks.
There is a shuttle bus service and if the traffic is okay it would take approx 50 - 60 mins if the traffic is bad (M25) then it could take you forever and a day.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes I agree it isn't a pleasant trip at all !
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

if there is a more god forsaken place on earth than hearthrow i've yet to find it.

I'm tempted to take a bomb with me next time i go there just to releive the pain of standing in the sodding security que for no reason (just watch how often they actually look at the screens etc.....they dont at least 50% of thetime)
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like my husband has about 4 hours until his connecting flight.
Would that be doable?
If not, he'll have to book a different route, that may be better, what do you think?
Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes I agree it isn't a pleasant trip at all !
i once went to heathrow to catch a flight to beirut... when i got to the airport i couldn't find my flight... balls it was from gatwick...

i thought the fastest way would have been by taxi... 2.5 hours later i got to gatwick... missed my flight by 5 minutes and was relieved of about £130

take the gatwick express to victoria... circle line to paddington and then take the heathrow express... you should be fine
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like my husband has about 4 hours until his connecting flight.
Would that be doable?
If not, he'll have to book a different route, that may be better, what do you think?
Thanks.
Yes it will be do able, tell him to get earlies to his landing, better to pre book the bus service as it can be busy, that way you will be able to see the time table and calculate out timings give minimum of an hour to get out of LHR and the 1.5-2 hrs at LGW checkin, might be better getting a taxi because if there is a traffic problem taxi can come off take a different route, the bus won't but it may be costly.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cham128
i once went to heathrow to catch a flight to beirut... when i got to the airport i couldn't find my flight... balls it was from gatwick...

i thought the fastest way would have been by taxi... 2.5 hours later i got to gatwick... missed my flight by 5 minutes and was relieved of about £130

take the gatwick express to victoria... circle line to paddington and then take the heathrow express... you should be fine

2.5 hrs was there a traffic jam ???
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys, I think it will be the taxi option if he takes the route Heathrow/Gatwick.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I think it will be the taxi option if he takes the route Heathrow/Gatwick.
What time of day will he be transitting?

Last edited by The Dean; Dec 13th 2007 at 12:55 pm. Reason: typo
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
What time of day will he be transitting?

It would be around 6 in the morning.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

It would be around 6 in the morning.
Nightmare crawl from J14 to J8...... take the earlier advice and use the trains.....
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

OK dont diss Heathrow. I fly to and from everyweek and I love it. Maybe its becasue I use Terminal 4, and the few times I used terminal 1 it was a nightmare.

If your husband has 4 hours then he will be fine. But dont take the train into London and then out again as the trains are not exactly reliable. Your best bet is to either take the coach, or better still a taxi.

Black cabs are expensive and you would be better with a local taxi. I use this company every week and have always been reliable an pleasent. Not to mention very good value. I have no idea what it will cost from Heathrow to Gatwick but you can call and ask them. Their number:

+44 208 572 7777.

What you will need to ask them to do is book your cab, and you call them when you land and get the luggage(they are 10 mins from the airport). Then meet them at the Departures drop off point and be on your way.

Hope thats helpful. Or if your hubby pays me a few million i'll drive him!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
2.5 hrs was there a traffic jam ???
yep i couldn't believe it... only problem was... we were on the m25 and pretty much stuck between junctions for most of that time...

4 hours should be fine as long as he's not travelling with the worlds former favourite airline... so some reason baggage has been taking about an hour to an hour and a half to start coming out of heathrow on any recent flight i've been on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.