Football in the UAE

Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Football in the UAE

Does anyone support and/or watch any of the local teams? What sort of standard do they play?

The UAE Football Association website is rubbish and there is more info on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ll_Association
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAE_Football_League

I am surprised to find that there is more than one league. I suspect the content was written by a local as it refers to the 'great teams'. Someone i spoke to claims that women cannot go and watch games, but I am doubting that is true.

-
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football in the UAE

Originally Posted by Meow
Does anyone support and/or watch any of the local teams? What sort of standard do they play?

The UAE Football Association website is rubbish and there is more info on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ll_Association
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAE_Football_League

I am surprised to find that there is more than one league. I suspect the content was written by a local as it refers to the 'great teams'. Someone i spoke to claims that women cannot go and watch games, but I am doubting that is true.

-
no nothing about the leagues here, but keen to go to a few games for somat to do! Still haven't found anywhere to buy a UAE national shirt either.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone support and/or watch any of the local teams? What sort of standard do they play?-
That's a very odd question coming from you, Meow. Yes, they play to a good standard here. Al Wasl were the recent champions I believe but another team, based in Al Qusais (behind Lulus) I believe, is often televised. Al Ain have regularly been one of the top teams over recent years.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:48 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
That's a very odd question coming from you, Meow. Yes, they play to a good standard here. Al Wasl were the recent champions I believe but another team, based in Al Qusais (behind Lulus) I believe, is often televised. Al Ain have regularly been one of the top teams over recent years.
Why is it an odd question coming from me?

-
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Why is it an odd question coming from me? -
I didn't say it was an odd question. I said it was a very odd question. Not even the football-loving guys on here show much interest in the local game so it was surprising to me for one of the ladies to express an interest, even though you do enjoy the game. Come on, tell us your reason...business perhaps?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:09 pm
Bored liberal

Tsk. A genuine interest in the game. I resent the suggestion it would be for business.

I live here, have done for a few years, intend to for many more and thought it would be interesting to support a local team too.

-

Last edited by Meow; Jun 17th 2010 at 1:12 pm.