Football

Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice
Default Football

Just a question to the expats here who happens to be also football fans. Do you still watch the EPL/CL games or you guys stopped due to timing diffrences? And IF you do still watch the games which ones are your favourites?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:08 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football

Originally Posted by Simao
Just a question to the expats here who happens to be also football fans. Do you still watch the EPL/CL games or you guys stopped due to timing diffrences?
Still watch. It's what Saturday afternoons were put there for.

And IF you do still watch the games which ones are your favourites?
Any game that doesn't feature Joey Barton.....

Last edited by Welivehere; Aug 4th 2008 at 10:11 am.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question to the expats here who happens to be also football fans. Do you still watch the EPL/CL games or you guys stopped due to timing diffrences? And IF you do still watch the games which ones are your favourites?
aye of course, on Showtime you get EVERY SINGLE GAME live, its bloody marvellous,

and I watch them in the house, with my mate.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye of course, on Showtime you get EVERY SINGLE GAME live, its bloody marvellous,

and I watch them in the house, with my mate.
When there are several games on at once (eg Sat 3pm UK time) Showtime devote other channels to showing the matches.....

..... which caused much amusement last season when Derby County were always shown on the "Show Comedy" channel.....
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Personally I don't watch the EPL much (I am a Serie A fan and specificly Inter Milan) but I do watch the big games between the Big Four. Showtime's coverage is really great and so much better than the ones in Al Jazeera Sports. Even the quality of the broadcast of the games is superior to the ones we get from Al Jazeera.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:44 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Luton Town must only dream of being on showtime ! Do you think you will get into a positive points total come the end of the season ....lol
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:02 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't watch the EPL much (I am a Serie A fan and specificly Inter Milan) but I do watch the big games between the Big Four. Showtime's coverage is really great and so much better than the ones in Al Jazeera Sports. Even the quality of the broadcast of the games is superior to the ones we get from Al Jazeera.
I was watching Juve the other night on Al JAzeerah Sports + 2, great stuff, althoguh it was in arabic...
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

And the coverage will improve further this season as they have got all the Sky Sports gadgetary I believe.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
And the coverage will improve further this season as they have got all the Sky Sports gadgetary I believe.
ooh lovely, and all on my dodgy card as well, £50 for a years worth of Al J + 1,2 & 3. What a bargain.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Shame they don't have an expat 'amateur commentator competition' like they run on SS1 for Arabic commentators.......Goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Shame they don't have an expat 'amateur commentator competition' like they run on SS1 for Arabic commentators.......Goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that looks AWFUL man...
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah it doe...they actually used one of the guys on the Arabic commentary last year and then fired him becausehe was sio bad. They do however pick up football nuts who can work within the Arabic production team and work on stats etc etc.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

They guys who do the contest for the commentator position are funny lol non of them has the talent in my opinion. They're only good at shouting everytime there is a goal or a close chance. I personally can't wait for the new Serie A season to start now that we have The Special One!