Reload this Page >

In Flight Booze Illegal?

In Flight Booze Illegal?

Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: In Flight Booze Illegal?

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Never heard of this in 14 years in the UAE. I have heard of people being arrested despite being reasonably well behaved because they don't have one though.

The law is clear, want a drink - get a license.

N.
I have an alcohol license for AD (where I work and live), I agree it just makes things simpler if problems arose and is free and easy to arrange.

However, as many people will do, occasionally go out and stay over in Dubai. Do you know if I need to get a Dubai one as well to protect me (just in case!).

I have been looking into this, but it mentions you need a NOC from the AD police. From what I read the AD police check you have no pending criminal proceedings and no alcohol license!

So do you need 2 licenses, and if so, can you actually get 2 licenses!
Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: In Flight Booze Illegal?

Originally Posted by flood2
I have an alcohol license for AD (where I work and live), I agree it just makes things simpler if problems arose and is free and easy to arrange.

However, as many people will do, occasionally go out and stay over in Dubai. Do you know if I need to get a Dubai one as well to protect me (just in case!).

I have been looking into this, but it mentions you need a NOC from the AD police. From what I read the AD police check you have no pending criminal proceedings and no alcohol license!

So do you need 2 licenses, and if so, can you actually get 2 licenses!
I have had a nice reply from the special license office in AD....You can indeed only have 1 license at a time. If i want a Dubai one i have to cancel AD one!

Looks like if you want to stay covered you have to choose the city you want to drink in...!