fitness wrist bands

Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default fitness wrist bands

So i been toying with the idea of getting one of those fitness wrist bands - something like the 'fitbit charge 2'.
I was just wondering if anyone uses one (and hence can make an alternative recommendation) or if anyone has any strong opinions about whether to get one or not.
Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fitness wrist bands

What do they do?
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:45 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
So i been toying with the idea of getting one of those fitness wrist bands - something like the 'fitbit charge 2'.
I was just wondering if anyone uses one (and hence can make an alternative recommendation) or if anyone has any strong opinions about whether to get one or not.
Thanks
I have a fit bit surge and use it regularly - it definitely makes me be more active and I get involved in weekly or weekend challenges with a friends so the competitive bit also makes me do more.

I'd go for it
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:46 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
What do they do?
Count steps, height climb, activity levels, sleep etc etc
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't use one, I find them a bit fashionista.

That said... I do use a myzone heart rate monitor when I'm in the gym. It's amazing and very motivating, so I guess a fatbit might be useful. I suspect though that it congratulates you for doing very little.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I have a fit bit surge and use it regularly - it definitely makes me be more active and I get involved in weekly or weekend challenges with a friends so the competitive bit also makes me do more.

I'd go for it
is there any major difference between the surge and the charge 2? I haven't actually gone through the range....just picked the charge 2, because i think it's the latest model?
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by martinbkk
What do they do?
keeps track of all your fitness/movement activity including heart rate etc
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I don't use one, I find them a bit fashionista.

That said... I do use a myzone heart rate monitor when I'm in the gym. It's amazing and very motivating, so I guess a fatbit might be useful. I suspect though that it congratulates you for doing very little.
i use to have a myzone heart rate monitor too (the belt one that you put across your chest) - but that was years ago when i was into my running.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:06 am
Dunroaming back in UK

i use to have a myzone heart rate monitor too (the belt one that you put across your chest) - but that was years ago when i was into my running.
The heart rate on your fit bit will be less accurate than using one with a chest band but still ok as a rough approximation. I have a Garmin HRM from when I could run and being a little geeky have compared the 2 HR readings....
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

yup, basic technology hasn't changed only now it bluetooths to your phone too. useful if you wanted to track your heart rate outside of the gym. Obviously no practical use at all apart from satisfying any curiosity you may have regarding tracking your heart rate during sex. I use it on MM2 to see if she is faking it.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:17 am
Dunroaming back in UK

is there any major difference between the surge and the charge 2? I haven't actually gone through the range....just picked the charge 2, because i think it's the latest model?
You get a bit more from the surge as it can monitors your GPS location and track hiking, running, walking, and cycling etc but then the surge costs more and is a lot bigger.

Interestingly men tend to like the surge and ladies the charge - maybe size related
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
yup, basic technology hasn't changed only now it bluetooths to your phone too. useful if you wanted to track your heart rate outside of the gym. Obviously no practical use at all apart from satisfying any curiosity you may have regarding tracking your heart rate during sex. I use it on MM2 to see if she is faking it.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

The heart rate on your fit bit will be less accurate than using one with a chest band but still ok as a rough approximation. I have a Garmin HRM from when I could run and being a little geeky have compared the 2 HR readings....
yeah i just been watching a review of the charge 2 on youtube and it said the same thing, ie the heart rate isn't as accurate as the device which goes around your chest.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

You get a bit more from the surge as it can monitors your GPS location and track hiking, running, walking, and cycling etc but then the surge costs more and is a lot bigger.

Interestingly men tend to like the surge and ladies the charge - maybe size related
ah that's probably when it didn't even come in my radar.....coz i was just looking at those which were 'small' and compact.
my only issue is i'm a complete IT dimwit and so am worried if i can't handle using the app on my iphone
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

They're useful tools when training, otherwise just clunky plastic accessories.

Apple watch does it all too, but I don't pay any attention to it unless I've actually done some exercise.

Doesn't matter, you won't know how to use it or you'll lose it on holiday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.