Firearms dubai

Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

DrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really nice
Default Firearms dubai

Hi,
Hopefully I will be coming to live in dubai with my wife and work as an anaesthetist.
I am a keen shooter in the UK ( have all the relevant police and home office approval etc) and was hoping to continue shooting in dubai.
My research has shown that dubai and the surrounding area doesnt have much in the way of shooting clubs. Jebel ali shooting club doesnt cater for rifles and id like to shoot from 100-1000yards.

I am postulating building a shooting range out in the sand somewhere that not only I can shoot at but run as a side buisiness.
Can anyone advise me on UAE firearms law? i.e. can a non UAE national obtain a license? what calibres are permitted? any restrictions on semi-automatic rifles etc?

many thanks in advance,
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firearms dubai

i would guess as a foreigner you'll have no chance of getting a gun licence there.
you can shoot .22 rifles at Sharja shooting club but its a 50m range
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

There is a new International Shooting Club opening in AD soon at Al Forsan.

Has nearly every type of shooting you could wish for, I think the rifle range is 300m.

Was supposed to open in March but like most things here there have been delays. As to gun ownership, I think it is a non-starter here for non-locals.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:18 am
Just Joined

DrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really niceDrMatt is just really nice

Thanks for the above posts.
If anyone can tell me definatively if a non-national cannot own a weapon that would be much appreciated.
Most people I have spoken to have suggested 'Probably cant own a gun' etc, but I need to know for sure and im not sure who to ask to find out.

thanks
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:35 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

right...here's the website of the Sharjah shooting club...surprisingly I found it by googeling the words Sharjah, shooting and club...

http://www.golfandshootingshj.com/home.htm

then I really got carried away, and I googled the words International Shooting Club Abu Dhabi...

http://www.shooting-academy.com/ADISC%20SITE.html

amazing...
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to the government website of Abu Dhabi and to the permits part, you need to click on "only for citizens" for Firearms permit to pop up.

So unless you are friends with a Sheikh, you can forget it.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:30 pm
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
right...here's the website of the Sharjah shooting club...surprisingly I found it by googeling the words Sharjah, shooting and club...

then I really got carried away, and I googled the words International Shooting Club Abu Dhabi...

amazing...
Lol, you are
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Euc-
If you go to the government website of Abu Dhabi and to the permits part, you need to click on "only for citizens" for Firearms permit to pop up.

So unless you are friends with a Sheikh, you can forget it.
Thanks for that.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

amazing...
to google international shooting club abu dhabi, I would have needed to know it existed in the first place. Several searches just left me with Sharjah ( which doesnt do the disciplines I made explicity clear earlier) and jebel ali ( which also doesnt do what I asked).

thanks
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:09 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrMatt
to google international shooting club abu dhabi, I would have needed to know it existed in the first place. Several searches just left me with Sharjah ( which doesnt do the disciplines I made explicity clear earlier) and jebel ali ( which also doesnt do what I asked).

thanks
look at post nr 3....

you wanted to know about gun ownership...and I am guessing that contacting either shooting club would be the way to get your questions answered, even when they don't do what you want....

anyway...you're welcome
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

How to win friends...

-
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

look at post nr 3....

you wanted to know about gun ownership...and I am guessing that contacting either shooting club would be the way to get your questions answered, even when they don't do what you want....

anyway...you're welcome
Meow...
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
How to win friends...

-
Matahari...
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:12 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Hopefully I will be coming to live in dubai with my wife and work as an anaesthetist.
I am a keen shooter in the UK ( have all the relevant police and home office approval etc) and was hoping to continue shooting in dubai.
My research has shown that dubai and the surrounding area doesnt have much in the way of shooting clubs. Jebel ali shooting club doesnt cater for rifles and id like to shoot from 100-1000yards.

I am postulating building a shooting range out in the sand somewhere that not only I can shoot at but run as a side buisiness.
Can anyone advise me on UAE firearms law? i.e. can a non UAE national obtain a license? what calibres are permitted? any restrictions on semi-automatic rifles etc?

many thanks in advance,
plenty of shooting places, very much doubt you can just rock up in the middle east and start wandering around like dirty harry mind Doc, jaysus, can you imagine the carnage?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:33 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Confucius
Matahari...
shoot me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.