British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Fingered (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/fingered-903634/)

Bahtatboy Sep 21st 2017 7:10 am

Fingered

British tourist, 23, faces six months in a Dubai jail for giving the middle FINGER to a driver during holiday road rage incident

(Sorry, Fail headline -- no idea why "finger" is in upper case. Children at work, again. I want to know how much his house is worth, and whether or not he has a pert derriere.)

British tourist faces six months in Dubai jail over finger | Daily Mail Online

Millhouse Sep 21st 2017 8:37 am

Re: Fingered

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12343014)
British tourist, 23, faces six months in a Dubai jail for giving the middle FINGER to a driver during holiday road rage incident

(Sorry, Fail headline -- no idea why "finger" is in upper case. Children at work, again. I want to know how much his house is worth, and whether or not he has a pert derriere.)

British tourist faces six months in Dubai jail over finger | Daily Mail Online

He's clearly a twat though.

littlejimmy Sep 21st 2017 8:49 am

Always fun reading the comments.

UKCityGent Sep 21st 2017 11:05 am

Strange that he is complaining of running out of money after staying in hotels for 2 months yet owns an "IT company" which includes "Number 10" as a client (I assumed it was 10 Downing St.

First impressions he seems like a boy racer type and give the finger salute after he lost a race but then im sure his mother loves him !

mrkjd Sep 21st 2017 12:12 pm

The photos of this guy seem to suggest 6 months is about right

I had many a flip-flop waved at me in Saudi and (a long time ago) a sort of 'C' gesture made with the hand in Pakistan was apparently disparaging about my mother!

littlejimmy Sep 21st 2017 2:58 pm

I did the dick-head sign at some dick-head in Qatar. I don't think he knew what it meant.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 24th 2017 4:54 am

'he was placed in a cell with rapists and murderers'

I love that line, in every Dubai prison article on the Mail.

Dubaiexile Sep 24th 2017 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12345031)
'he was placed in a cell with rapists and murderers'

I love that line, in every Dubai prison article on the Mail.

Yes along with the line "notorious Bur Dubai police station" right up there with Sing Sing and the Bangkok Hilton !!

Just one look at his picture posing in that car automatically makes you think chav gobshite that deserves everything and more that he gets..

mission Sep 24th 2017 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile (Post 12345034)
Yes along with the line "notorious Bur Dubai police station" right up there with Sing Sing and the Bangkok Hilton !!

Just one look at his picture posing in that car automatically makes you think chav gobshite that deserves everything and more that he gets..

jeeze that's a bit harsh innit....maybe the tailgater was being a complete d*ck head.

al dente Sep 24th 2017 10:18 am

The flipping the bird law here is random, he probably thought he was talking wanker bantz. He's about to learn that looking rich and connected is not the same as being rich and connected.

I feel sorry for him.

Dubaiexile Sep 25th 2017 4:14 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12345128)
jeeze that's a bit harsh innit....maybe the tailgater was being a complete d*ck head.

Maybe he was Mission, but unfortunately this guy is the bigger dickhead as he is going to jail, Chav gobbing off like he would in the UK (and would get away with it there), zero sympathy for him!

Autonomy Sep 25th 2017 4:19 pm

Knowing the rules however let the red mist get the better of me once over 10 years ago... never again - full on road rage reaction, thought I was about to be run off the road and beaten to death...

jam25mack Sep 26th 2017 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 12346078)
Knowing the rules however let the red mist get the better of me once over 10 years ago... never again - full on road rage reaction, thought I was about to be run off the road and beaten to death...

Did something similar once when living in Kuwait. Was new to the ME and wasn't thinking..... turns out the guy was CID. Pretty much drove me off the road. After much shouting (in very bad English) I gathered he wanted me to report to the Police station at 9pm that night - screw that. Played the stupid Brit who didn't understand what he was saying. He was demanding my papers for the car, however, it was a Clients car (site vehicle) and when I mentioned the Clients name (a very very powerful local) he ran back to his car and wheel span off never to be seen again. Very very lucky. Kept my fingers in check ever since.