Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Financial / Loans people

Financial / Loans people

Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:17 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Financial / Loans people

A mate has taken out rather a big loan over here with HSBC, and unsecured loan for AED 270,000.

Now things are ok, but this person wants to know if anything went wrong, like she lost her job or even died, would this debt be passed onto her parents??

She had to give a UK address, which was her parents, but no-one guaranteed the loan, it's all on her.

Any ideas? I said I very much doubt it, but she just wants to know.

Ta.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial / Loans people

Originally Posted by Spugsy
A mate has taken out rather a big loan over here with HSBC, and unsecured loan for AED 270,000.

Now things are ok, but this person wants to know if anything went wrong, like she lost her job or even died, would this debt be passed onto her parents??

She had to give a UK address, which was her parents, but no-one guaranteed the loan, it's all on her.

Ta.
the debt wouldn't be passed onto her parents, the reason the bank ask for a UK contact is so they can track her down if she does a runner, though I could be wrong. Meow will know I hope this friend doesn't lose her job.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:22 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the debt wouldn't be passed onto her parents, the reason the bank ask for a UK contact is so they can track her down if she does a runner, though I could be wrong. Meow will know I hope this friend doesn't lose her job.
If she does she's out of this country quicker than shit through a goose.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

If she does she's out of this country quicker than shit through a goose.
what did she need a loan for that amount for? rent? car?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

what did she need a loan for that amount for? rent? car?
does it matter nosey
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
does it matter nosey
I couldn't give a toss, it's her bad judgement not mine, just curious why she would need such a large loan that's all
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by commander
does it matter nosey
heh heh.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:53 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Ta.

Do you think they ever check your uk address after all in the passport there is no address, your company probably dont know where you live, all my contact was through e mail and phone
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:15 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK, on death, debts are payable by your estate, assuming there are sufficient assets to cover them. Debts cannot usually be passed onto to anyone else, whether spouse or partner, unless they were in joint names or acted as a guarantor.

Hope that helps.

-
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:06 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
In the UK, on death, debts are payable by your estate, assuming there are sufficient assets to cover them. Debts cannot usually be passed onto to anyone else, whether spouse or partner, unless they were in joint names or acted as a guarantor.

Hope that helps.

-
Does this include credit card debts, I was always under the impression these died with you, although when my son died the credit card companies did try to get them but I told them where to go and they never came back and asked again
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:08 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow

Hope that helps.

-
But the loan is with HSBC out here. If she died, would they try and get teh cash from her parents back in the UK?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:12 pm
Concierge

But the loan is with HSBC out here. If she died, would they try and get teh cash from her parents back in the UK?
doubt it, is she planning on dying or something?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:29 pm
why ayeeeee man!

doubt it, is she planning on dying or something?
no, but she is worried as her parents are old and have little money.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:34 pm
Concierge

no, but she is worried as her parents are old and have little money.
then I suggest she thinks of some way to get it paid off ASAP, god help her if she is made redundant
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

then I suggest she thinks of some way to get it paid off ASAP, god help her if she is made redundant
This, dear Bluecat, is why I am asking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.