Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Films that make you cry

Films that make you cry

Old May 21st 2011, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Films that make you cry

Ok I know the boys on here will probably not admit to crying, however I am sure there are some films that move you.

I've just been watching Hachiko a dogs story and am sobbing like a child. So what films have moved you to tears?
Old May 21st 2011, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Films that make you cry

omg, i cry at anything...ranging the cartoon films i have to watch with the kids (which they find hilarious) to the likes of the elephant man...

also, pretty in pink (poor little duck man really does it for me...), pay it back, about a boy...and loads more of that ilk...oh and all of those ones based on the books by nicholas sparks (notebook, message in a bottle etc etc)...

MM, xx
Old May 21st 2011, 4:28 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Brave heart

Pretty sure that's down to mel Gibson though
Old May 21st 2011, 5:02 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't cry but eyes welled up watching the hospital bed scene with the two sons saying goodbye to their dying mother in Terms of Endearment.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Didn't cry but eyes welled up watching the hospital bed scene with the two sons saying goodbye to their dying mother in Terms of Endearment.
I was hysterical at the scene where Shirley MacClaine is going beserk at the nurses trying to get pain relief for her daughter. Thinking about it makes me well up!

Out of Africa never fails to make me weep uncontrollably.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:41 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
i watched that with my mum and we were both wrecks at the end of it.

The first ten minutes of "Up" kill me. I was so taken by surprise when we first went to see it, really wasn't expecting a kid's animation about an old man and a fat kid to affect me the way it did. My son was sitting there saying "mummy, are those tears of joy?"

ET always does it too.

The first Highlander film when Beattie Edney is dying and the Queen song "who wants to live forever" is playing in the background (that film was so good and the sequels were so utterly dire...)

Any film where there's a kid seriously ill/dying in hospital. Can't bear it. Find it really traumatising.

I'm sure there are hundreds more as I cry pretty easily at films, certain adverts, some pop videos...
Old May 21st 2011, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Toy Story 3 and any man who says he didn't is a liar.
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:55 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

sat on a warship with 10 blokes, all fully dressed in Battle Anti Flash. Iraq 2003. Saving Private Ryan...Not a dry eye in the Mess.

Also me and my deputy were watching the full boxset of Band of Brothers in one sitting whilst minehunting up the waterways to Umm Qasr.

He burst out crying and i followed.

Real men cry
Old May 22nd 2011, 3:27 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Errrr…..

Other members of the Armed Forces would like to point out that this comment relates to the Royal Navy, where anything is possible (and highly probable).

Anyone having a blub in my mess would be paying for a round of drinks after being hung upside down from the roof beams with a vacuum cleaner attached to his testicles.

Originally Posted by commander
sat on a warship with 10 blokes, all fully dressed in Battle Anti Flash. Iraq 2003. Saving Private Ryan...Not a dry eye in the Mess.

Also me and my deputy were watching the full boxset of Band of Brothers in one sitting whilst minehunting up the waterways to Umm Qasr.

He burst out crying and i followed.

Real men cry
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

First film was Free Willy (I was young)

Didn't cry at Toy Story 3. Despite everyone saying I would.

I last cried watching Friday Night Lights. For those who don't like American Football; it's still worth watching.
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:11 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

I sob at the drop of a hat, but always find Ghost does it for me - at the end when he is leaving her.

I think its because I really do hope that there is a nice afterlife and all those who I have loved and lost are really up there having such a great time.

Oh bugger, pass me the tissues please!
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Errrr…..

Other members of the Armed Forces would like to point out that this comment relates to the Royal Navy, where anything is possible (and highly probable).

Anyone having a blub in my mess would be paying for a round of drinks after being hung upside down from the roof beams with a vacuum cleaner attached to his testicles.
or a game of 'dance of the flamin arseholes'
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Casablanca
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:43 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
or a game of 'dance of the flamin arseholes'
I thought that was a Naval tradition going back to Trafalgar?

Nelson" "Light me Hardy"....
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:54 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

The Green Mile

Once I became a mother some films affected me more than they would have before .... like The Stepmother with Susan Sarandon and Julia Roberts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.