Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Filipina/o Restaurants that sell Pork

Filipina/o Restaurants that sell Pork

Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filipina/o Restaurants that sell Pork

Anyone got any recommendations? Mate has his gf coming over and he's not got a clue. Preferably Satwa area?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filipina/o Restaurants that sell Pork

If it ain't in a hotel there ain't no pork.

I think you're out of luck.

There are a few in Satwa, just walk around till you see one. There's also another Filipino restaurant at Burjuman metro station, by the escalators leading up to BurJuman mall. The smell is always nasty, rather vinegarish, every time I pass it, but it always seemed decently filled with Pinoys.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

OK, NOT Satwa area - any offers?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 7:10 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

My "mate". LOL. You are going cheap
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
You'll only get pork in the hotels.

I'd suggest looking at the Filippino nightclubs, especially in Bur Dubai/Karama.

N.
Karaoke bar in the Marco Polo (I think) called Kit E Kits or something. They're band and shit are pretty good and they do deals on towers of beer + plates of pork.

Been there plenty of times with groups (generally post brunch) and it's fun. Pork is off the chain.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Club 7 in the Park Regis hotel (Bur Dubai) - do a nice Crispy Pata
Jules bar over at the Meridien Village used do to a nice Crispy Pata (haven't been there for a number of years now)

Burjuman you have a Jolly Bees and upstairs (same floor as Fitness First) there's a Filipino restaurant called Barrio Fiesta.
Next to the Spinneys opposite the Park Regis there's Max's restaurant.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with Jules Bar for dinner, followed by Club 7 or Rockys at midnight/ 1am.

Not pinoy grub, but I'm sure a PF Chang would be appreciated.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The Filipinos in my office love PF Changs and that American tex mex place, Chilis.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'd go with Jules Bar for dinner, followed by Club 7 or Rockys at midnight/ 1am.

Not pinoy grub, but I'm sure a PF Chang would be appreciated.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Was bored so looked up Jules Bar and one of the first links is for a tripadvisor review. Really like this man at least he's honest, although I'm surprised that he assumes there are men with "good morals"

"We ended up there for the live music which is truly goodbut the place is not recommandable at all for men with good morals. All Le Méridien and Moreover Le Jules Bars is invaded by gorgeous hookers of every style that take the advantage of any slightest eye-contact to rush at yourself and start a short conversation that offers full body massage and any type of sexual service at good price. You refuse politely the first one, sharply the second and you leave the place angry and harassed after the third, while many blue collars seem to be in paradise, making the system run while they're away from home on heavy duties... Pitiful to be honest."
Old Jul 12th 2016, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Was bored so looked up Jules Bar and one of the first links is for a tripadvisor review. Really like this man at least he's honest, although I'm surprised that he assumes there are men with "good morals"

"We ended up there for the live music which is truly goodbut the place is not recommandable at all for men with good morals. All Le Méridien and Moreover Le Jules Bars is invaded by gorgeous hookers of every style that take the advantage of any slightest eye-contact to rush at yourself and start a short conversation that offers full body massage and any type of sexual service at good price. You refuse politely the first one, sharply the second and you leave the place angry and harassed after the third, while many blue collars seem to be in paradise, making the system run while they're away from home on heavy duties... Pitiful to be honest."
Been a hoop stretchers bar for years
Old Jul 12th 2016, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

President hotel (Bur Dubai) has a Pinoy nightclub which serves beer and pork platters.

Not sure if Ratsky`s serves pork, but again another pinoy hang out place...full of office girls topping there income up though!
Old Jul 12th 2016, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

https://foursquare.com/top-places/du...st-places-pork
Old Jul 14th 2016, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Ended up at Irish Village LOL
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:09 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Ended up at Irish Village LOL
Why have you moved on to filipino, i thought you were in to blacks
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iggle
Why have you moved on to filipino, i thought you were in to blacks
No wonder Meow isn't best keen on you, fairly horrendous grammar and punctuation.

It's Filipina for female, Filipino for male, Pinoy for a group, also into, in to, finally I never said the request was for me, as I live in Abu Dhabi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.