Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Feeling Very Sorry For Myself

Feeling Very Sorry For Myself

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:10 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feeling Very Sorry For Myself

I fell over making a shot at a tennis this afo and instinctively put my hand out to stop myself scraping my face along the surface;good look :not!
In doing so,I kinda bent the index finger of my right hand.After the first knuckle the remainder of the finger was sort of indicating 2o'clock, a peculiar angle for sure.The guy across the net just about hit the deck as I re aligned the upper half of my finger...didn't y'all in Dubai hear me screaming??????Bloody painful I'll say.
Anyways, I know its not broken cos I can move it slightly but thing is..its morphing into one of those Cumberland Sausages Spugsy was talking about...throbbing like hell,shades of blue and black in the nail area also and the knuckle looks as if its about to burst open projecting whatever..a la Sigourney Weaver moment in 'Alien'.My very sentimentally valued piaget is disappearing as the sausage ameliorates and it hurts like hell.
Did the ice thing but it still wants to be a sausage......don't want to do the ospidale as they will cut through my ring for sure .Suggestions on a postcard please..... I know I sound like a wimpette,sorry.......
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling Very Sorry For Myself

Originally Posted by Eva
I fell over making a shot at a tennis this afo and instinctively put my hand out to stop myself scraping my face along the surface;good look :not!
In doing so,I kinda bent the index finger of my right hand.After the first knuckle the remainder of the finger was sort of indicating 2o'clock, a peculiar angle for sure.The guy across the net just about hit the deck as I re aligned the upper half of my finger...didn't y'all in Dubai hear me screaming??????Bloody painful I'll say.
Anyways, I know its not broken cos I can move it slightly but thing is..its morphing into one of those Cumberland Sausages Spugsy was talking about...throbbing like hell,shades of blue and black in the nail area also and the knuckle looks as if its about to burst open projecting whatever..a la Sigourney Weaver moment in 'Alien'.My very sentimentally valued piaget is disappearing as the sausage ameliorates and it hurts like hell.
Did the ice thing but it still wants to be a sausage......don't want to do the ospidale as they will cut through my ring for sure .Suggestions on a postcard please..... I know I sound like a wimpette,sorry.......
I can't help you.

I just want you to know I'm thinking about you.........
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:20 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I can't help you.

I just want you to know I'm thinking about you.........
Oh ....is that the power of positive healing ? Can I 'om' away the pain.Thanks anyway Dean.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Oh ....is that the power of positive healing ? Can I 'om' away the pain.Thanks anyway Dean.
Hmm. Sounds more like a sister morphine moment, to me.... Turn on, tune in and drop out... SYB'll don a nursie outfit and minister to yo needs, baby....
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:11 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Hmm. Sounds more like a sister morphine moment, to me.... Turn on, tune in and drop out... SYB'll don a nursie outfit and minister to yo needs, baby....
Matron!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

awww...doll, poor you, sounds horrible...go and get it checked and get some bloody strong painkillers...

MM, xx
Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:51 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Your 54 years old ..FFS..grow old gracefully .....
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:43 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
it'll take some time to come down to it's normal size, and it'll be bloody painful - just try to rest it. Sounds nasty indeed, poor petal.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
it'll take some time to come down to it's normal size, and it'll be bloody painful - just try to rest it. Sounds nasty indeed, poor petal.
Eva,

When you were playing tennis, were you wearing one of those cute little white tennis dresses?

Spugsy likes those.........
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Poor you! It sounds similar to an injury I sustained when a lift door caught my finger and bent it back. Extremely painful for a few days, lots of ice etc. (Made worse that I had a ring on effected finger and I flew home the next day). It was recommended that I keep moving the effected joint to mitigate permenant joint inflation and to prevent stiffness. I still do this and even though there is still a bit of swelling 6 months down the line, is at least painfree and fully functional. Hope you feel better soon!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Eva,

When you were playing tennis, were you wearing one of those cute little white tennis dresses?

Spugsy likes those.........
ooh I do as well...
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Does sound painful, you have nottmbantam's sympathies. Not sure I can recommend anything at all, other than the ice bit.

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Just curious, how do you rest a finger?

Ok, here goes the boring story.....

1987 - I had two operations both at the same time. One to fix my dislocating shoulder, and another to fix my dodgy knee. This required post op physio, which I used to attend daily. Got chatting to the nurse in charge, and the most common injury they had to deal with was broken wrists, hands and fingers.

Exactly as you describe, as soon as anyone falls, the instinct is to put the hands out to protect the fall.

A few weeks later,the nurse came into work with an almighty pair of black eyes. Looked like she'd gone the proverbial 10 rounds with Iron Mike Tyson. And the cause of the injury? She fell over.

In her determination not to break her wrists,she fought the instinct to put her hands out in front, and made sure she left them by her side. The first thing to hit the pavement was her face. A broken nose and two black eyes were in her view, far better than two broken wrists.

Good luck resting!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:10 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger all in the way of advice but lots of sympathy and get betterness thoughts....
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:25 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Poor wee lass !

Put on a Wimbledon green willy warmer...will keep it warm until it gets better !
Attached Thumbnails Feeling Very Sorry For Myself-sore_finger.gif  
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:14 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch see a Dr! and then have a few stiff drinks you wont notice your finger after a while.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.