Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Fascinating story about Saudi Arabia and Israel

Fascinating story about Saudi Arabia and Israel

Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fascinating story about Saudi Arabia and Israel

"We have no relationship at all with Israel", said a Saudi spokesman, "unless of course they are on a bombing raid..."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7148555.ece
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:33 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fascinating story about Saudi Arabia and Israel

Originally Posted by The Dean
"We have no relationship at all with Israel", said a Saudi spokesman, "unless of course they are on a bombing raid..."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7148555.ece
Can't really see an Israeli raid...less they want to lose Tel Aviv from a large salvo of long-range rockets from Iran.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:42 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

And the UAE sits in the middle, I think, ideollogically and almost topologically.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

The English language Saudi paper 'Arab News' had a front page story yesterday completely denying the reports that any such arrangement was in place.....so that's that then.

Similar denials were made a few months back when tensions were high.

As the article states, KSA would quite happily co-operate with Israel to deal a blow to Iran.

In a nutshell - there is no solidarity in the muslim world at a governmental level - which is why they remain so weak on the world stage.

The situation on the 'street' is somewhat different, so from time to time the governments have to make the right noises vis-a vis Israel. It's all a show; when the UK vacated the region in 1971, the Americans took over foreign policy.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bit like Hulk Hogan asking for my help in his rematch with Pee Wee Herman.

Just inb case you're wondering, I'm much stronger than Herman but nowhere near as strong as Hulk Hogan.

Hulk Hogan : http://www.google.ae/imgres?imgurl=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/funkymunkydave/hulk-hogan-listen.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.leftlion.co.uk/articles.cfm/id/2775&usg=__LI54RD0eVJMO4mFAxD2ANtiPnic=&h=584&w=46 3&sz=57&hl=en&start=17&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=SARlHwPIV uN5MM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=107&prev=/images%3Fq%3DHulk%2BHogan%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26cli ent%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GBfficial%26channel%3Ds%26tbs%3Disch:1

Peewee : http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:M...09/peewee.jpeg

Me : http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:e..._ond_01_04.jpg
Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:44 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Do stop playing with yourself.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 3:00 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
That's gross. I must be heterosexual after all.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

jealousy is so ugly. Plus if I don't play with myself, nobody else will.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:07 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Can't really see an Israeli raid...less they want to lose Tel Aviv from a large salvo of long-range rockets from Iran.
And if that happened Iran would become a popular tourist spot for visiting civillisations wiped out by nuclear weapons since Israel has enough of them to turn the Saudi deserts to glass and every major city in Iran...and they also have the ability to project them anywhere in the region via subs which are not very easy to track out at sea by the famous Iranian "kidnapp soliders on dingys" navy

N.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:10 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
And if that happened Iran would become a popular tourist spot for visiting civillisations wiped out by nuclear weapons since Israel has enough of them to turn the Saudi deserts to glass and every major city in Iran...and they also have the ability to project them anywhere in the region via subs which are not very easy to track out at sea by the famous Iranian "kidnapp soliders on dingys" navy

N.
I was once accused by an Iranian client team when negotiating a contract that I was using gunboat diplomacy. Doesn't add much, I know...
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:17 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I was once accused by an Iranian client team when negotiating a contract that I was using gunboat diplomacy. Doesn't add much, I know...
Is this you?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:18 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
..hence unlikely to be an Israeli raid - my original point- consequences too dire.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:38 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Roadking
Is this you?
Nope. I don't have that much hair.