Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Burger King are doing the following for 39 AED:

1 King Tower Burger
1 Chicken Tower Burger
2 Cheese Burgers
2 Chicken Burgers
6 Cans of Coke

That's proper mental.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Excellent value - scamp's lunch

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Burger King are doing the following for 39 AED:

1 King Tower Burger
1 Chicken Tower Burger
2 Cheese Burgers
2 Chicken Burgers
6 Cans of Coke

That's proper mental.
All of that for 39 or 39 each?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
All of that for 39 or 39 each?
The whole meal deal - everything you see. No fries though which is a deal breaker for me.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:17 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

If your arteries are getting a bit flabby and need hardening up then this will help a lot.
I believe they're also giving out cards for this place: http://diabetesuae.ae/
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikewot
If your arteries are getting a bit flabby and need hardening up then this will help a lot.
I believe they're also giving out cards for this place: http://diabetesuae.ae/
If you are worried about the blood sugar levels, you can take the 15 AED option:

2 chicken burgers
fries
coke
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The whole meal deal - everything you see. No fries though which is a deal breaker for me.
That is unreal.

How can they get away with doing that whilst all the ads on TV are about diabetes etc?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That is unreal.

How can they get away with doing that whilst all the ads on TV are about diabetes etc?
So... have you ordered yours?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:17 am
Account Closed

So... have you ordered yours?
Nope.

Lost 2kgs this month by not eating loads of shit and not having sugar in my coffee.

Big changes in the Scamp household mate.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:22 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

not eating loads of shit and not having sugar in my coffee.
That is classed as a big change? Wow.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope.

Lost 2kgs this month by not eating loads of shit and not having sugar in my coffee.

Big changes in the Scamp household mate.
probably the booze fella. well done though.

Shove the app 7 on your phone and give it a crack every day. Only takes 7 minutes...
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
That is classed as a big change? Wow.
Well, no, but:

Not eating shit - medium change.
No sugar in coffee - little change
No booze for 11ish days now - big change (3 day weekend would have been heavy otherwise).

Add them all up = big change.

probably the booze fella. well done though.

Shove the app 7 on your phone and give it a crack every day. Only takes 7 minutes...
OK, will do. Mrs is trying to get me to the gym but it's always rammed, I don't enjoy it at all and can't be ****ed.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, no, but:

Not eating shit - medium change.
No sugar in coffee - little change
No booze for 11ish days now - big change (3 day weekend would have been heavy otherwise).

Add them all up = big change.

OK, will do. Mrs is trying to get me to the gym but it's always rammed, I don't enjoy it at all and can't be ****ed.
Your diet is the most important aspect in any weightloss programme . People just kid themselves they don't each much but it's their small incremental calorie intake thats the killer.

A few small changes will make a big difference , some people start starving themselves and drinking vinegar and all that bollocks. Just eat clean , cut the shite out and you'll see a weight deficit straight away. Couple that with some proper training and you're on the road .

Discipline is the key
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Your diet is the most important aspect in any weightloss programme . People just kid themselves they don't each much but it's their small incremental calorie intake thats the killer.

A few small changes will make a big difference , some people start starving themselves and drinking vinegar and all that bollocks. Just eat clean , cut the shite out and you'll see a weight deficit straight away. Couple that with some proper training and you're on the road .

Discipline is the key
Indeed, agree completely.

I'm not going crazy for anything in particular, just want to get back towards the 100kg mark. I was 110/111 after Xmas and now down to 108. I've not been 100 for a long time but did get down to 104ish.

I'll get there slowly.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, agree completely.

I'm not going crazy for anything in particular, just want to get back towards the 100kg mark. I was 110/111 after Xmas and now down to 108. I've not been 100 for a long time but did get down to 104ish.

I'll get there slowly.
That's heavy mate , you could lose 12 Kilo in 3 month if you put the work in . Making the small changes and sticking to them is the key .

If you get yourself out and train you'll be surprised at how much progress you'll make in a short period of time fella . I constantly work at my fitness and nutrition as it's just become part of my life , plus being stuck in Qatar there's nowt else to do

Cut the booze , sugar , fast food and all processed crap out and you'll see a big difference .

Dont be put off by wankers in gyms mate and believe me there's loads in Dubai but there's some good places in DXB to get fit and plus it's a great time of year to be out running .
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
That's heavy mate , you could lose 12 Kilo in 3 month if you put the work in . Making the small changes and sticking to them is the key .

If you get yourself out and train you'll be surprised at how much progress you'll make in a short period of time fella . I constantly work at my fitness and nutrition as it's just become part of my life , plus being stuck in Qatar there's nowt else to do

Cut the booze , sugar , fast food and all processed crap out and you'll see a big difference .

Dont be put off by wankers in gyms mate and believe me there's loads in Dubai but there's some good places in DXB to get fit and plus it's a great time of year to be out running .
I know I'm quite heavy but I'm tall enough to get away with it, mostly.

I'm not fussed about going mad for it, I'll keep certain things out my diet and am being a bit more careful, once I get to low 100's I'll be happy. I guess getting under 100 would be good because then I can do the skydive, but that will take the effort of running / gym being added to healthier diet and I know I'm just not that interested / motivated to do it.

Like smoking, I'll stop when I want to, otherwise there's no point in me bothering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.