Etisalat - Poor signal

Old Mar 24th 2016, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Etisalat - Poor signal

Has anyone had an issues with Etisalat's mobile service recently?

Ever since the heavy rains I have had issues with the quality of the data service and also the mobile signal dropping off. I'm not saying it was the rains but it seemed to coincide with them.

Currently I'm getting 3G but its pretty slow. I haven't had 4G (like I used to pretty much permanently) in weeks.

Also, every now and again (several times a day) the whole thing drops off and I get no mobile signal or data.

I spoke to the ever so helpful folk at Etisalat and the reset the service but that's done Sweet FA.

Anyone else having similar issues or is it just me?

FYI. this is on a Iphone 5S.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat - Poor signal

Is it in one place (i.e. damaged mast) or everywhere?
Old Mar 27th 2016, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Is it in one place (i.e. damaged mast) or everywhere?
Seems to be everywhere. I travel a lot round the Emirates on a weekly basis and signal performance seems to be pretty consistent.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Maybe daft but reset your phone?

On the iPhone the soft reset is pretty good. Hold down top / side (lock) button and the home button at the bottom. Hold until screen goes dead and then white again like it's starting up.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Has anyone had an issues with Etisalat's mobile service recently?

Ever since the heavy rains I have had issues with the quality of the data service and also the mobile signal dropping off. I'm not saying it was the rains but it seemed to coincide with them.

Currently I'm getting 3G but its pretty slow. I haven't had 4G (like I used to pretty much permanently) in weeks.

Also, every now and again (several times a day) the whole thing drops off and I get no mobile signal or data.

I spoke to the ever so helpful folk at Etisalat and the reset the service but that's done Sweet FA.

Anyone else having similar issues or is it just me?

FYI. this is on a Iphone 5S.
Mine is hit and miss on the wifi at home but pretty decent elsewhere, take it to apple in Yas mall and see if they can suggest anything. GL. Hate having shitty signal
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I think the phone got wet
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Maybe daft but reset your phone?

On the iPhone the soft reset is pretty good. Hold down top / side (lock) button and the home button at the bottom. Hold until screen goes dead and then white again like it's starting up.
Done but still the same.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I think the phone got wet
In the rains.... ha ha!
Old Mar 28th 2016, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rubydo
Mine is hit and miss on the wifi at home but pretty decent elsewhere, take it to apple in Yas mall and see if they can suggest anything. GL. Hate having shitty signal
They'll just ping me back to Etisalat as its a signal issue.

Its bearable at the moment, I still get 3G so its not terrible. I was just curious why it had suddenly dropped from 4G tho and if it was only me. The signal dropping off is more annoying admittedly but it comes back pretty quick and doesn't seem to do it on calls so I can live with it.... for now.

Maybe I'll build up some rage and go and visit the Etisalat store sometime!
Old Mar 28th 2016, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

Its bearable at the moment, I still get 3G so its not terrible. I was just curious why it had suddenly dropped from 4G tho and if it was only me. The signal dropping off is more annoying admittedly but it comes back pretty quick and doesn't seem to do it on calls so I can live with it.... for now.

There maybe something you can do to your settings in your phone which Apple can help you with. I find Etisalat in the actual stores just fob you off and make you call the call centre!
Old Mar 28th 2016, 6:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

You still have 4G turned ON in the settings right?
Old Mar 28th 2016, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
You still have 4G turned ON in the settings right?
*Slowly checks.... and.... yes, yes I do! Phew! Although looking like a whalloper would have been acceptable to get 4G back!
Old Mar 28th 2016, 7:21 am
Account Closed

*Slowly checks.... and.... yes, yes I do! Phew! Although looking like a whalloper would have been acceptable to get 4G back!
No idea then I'm afraid. Guess asking them is completely pointless.

Maybe you're straying too far from the roads?

4G map
Old Apr 17th 2016, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

I know you'll all be overjoyed to hear my iphone is back on 4G.....

I kinda got the hump again the other night and thought it would be a good idea to ring them up after a few libations. To my amazement the chap was very helpful and talked me through resetting the network settings (not the phone, carrier or master reset). Reset done, turn off and turn back on and boom 4G loveliness once again!

So the morale of the story is, if you want a helpful Etisalat person call the helpline up at 3am after several beers.
Old Apr 17th 2016, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I know you'll all be overjoyed to hear my iphone is back on 4G.....

I kinda got the hump again the other night and thought it would be a good idea to ring them up after a few libations. To my amazement the chap was very helpful and talked me through resetting the network settings (not the phone, carrier or master reset). Reset done, turn off and turn back on and boom 4G loveliness once again!

So the morale of the story is, if you want a helpful Etisalat person call the helpline up at 3am after several beers.
Good work welcome back to the 4G loveliness ha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.