Emirates Watch

Old May 18th 2013, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Watch

Originally Posted by Kix
Whilst I agree with a lot of your post, re Business Class tickets, I just can't, EK are run like any other organisation, they will provide the ticket for the price the market will stand, and there are many organisations/people here who will just accept it and pay.

Supply and demand as they say, why should they sell them at 10k when they can get 32k?

Doesn't make sense from a business point of view.
Yes, but it's short-sighted - there are a number of firms in Dubai who are 'encouraged' to send their staff via EK on business trips (EK know this) but for how much longer? Short-sighted and arrogant - they may be selling tickets now but who knows.....?
Old May 18th 2013, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
well not doubting what was quoted to you mate
but a standard search for dxb - lhr - dxb in business through their website gives an average cost of between 12k and 14k (business)

http://fly10.emirates.com/CAB/IBE/ResultByPrice.aspx

or maybe the quote was through a ticketing agent?
The circumstances were rather unusual, I admit - he needed to fly at less than 24 hours notice, he needed a flexible return date, the online bookings had closed, so it was a grovelling approach direct to the airline by good old-fashioned telephone......... but those circumstances also applied to his call to Gulf Air.............

Last edited by The Dean; May 18th 2013 at 3:01 pm. Reason: .
Old May 18th 2013, 3:13 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
The circumstances were rather unusual, I admit - he needed to fly at less than 24 hours notice, he needed a flexible return date, the online bookings had closed, so it was a grovelling approach direct to the airline by good old-fashioned telephone......... but those circumstances also applied to his call to Gulf Air.............
well last second bookings are always tricky affairs to say the least
but yes I do agree with what is being said that there IS a growing elitist attitude within Emirates and have noticed that growing a bit within the staff culture as well, or maybe i get treated differently because of the brownish tinge of my appearance
regardless of both facts, I still ONLY travel with them as the other options for travel to Islamabad are absolute nightmares and 2 of them have had major major accidents. So to arrive or NOT to arrive becomes THE question as far as I am concerned
Old May 18th 2013, 3:26 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I'm having a battle with Etihad over compensation for being bumped off a flight from Milan in 2011 on which we had valid tickets (albeit Alitalia code share - poor relation). Wife and kids managed to travel. I was bumped off and stuck in a motel for the night. As flight originated from Europe they should pay compo under EU regs. Alitalia blame Etihad. Etihad have yet to respond.
From 2011? Really? I assume you haven't just complained about this recently or left it two years.

I might be able to help if you want to drop me an email. I have contacts at Etihad and I can also guess why you haven't had a response...
Old May 18th 2013, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
From 2011? Really? I assume you haven't just complained about this recently or left it two years.

I might be able to help if you want to drop me an email. I have contacts at Etihad and I can also guess why you haven't had a response...
I've just taken it up with Etihad actually. Originally bought the tickets from Alitalia as they were so much cheaper. hence I thought I had a 'contract' with Alitalia and have pursued them for the past two years...being fobbed off in true Italian style. i.e. Please contact our Tunisia office...when the Arab spring was kicking off there!!!

Probably was Etihad's fault but in my eyes they are just a third party and there's no contract between myself and Etihad. But I did receive the below from Alitalia which pushed me to give Etihad a go (no harm, I'm a gold elite member if that has any sway...)

We have to reconfirm you that under the present European Regulation 261/04, as far as delays, cancellations and denied boarding are concerned, it is the operating carrier, www.etihad.com , which needs to reply to the passenger’s claim and not the marketing carrier. Despite the identification AZ, some flights are not operated with an Alitalia aircraft but by one from its carefully selected partners. Alitalia has various code-share agreements on its routes to European countries and worldwide.
Old May 19th 2013, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow

I would say it's because the call centres are woeful. I'm still waiting for my money back from a cocked up booking (their fault) from December last year. I've have wasted huge amounts of time on the phone to their call centres all to no avail.

At this rate I'll be mailing you too Meow....
Old May 19th 2013, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

First world problems. We'll be moaning about the cost of lattes next.
Old May 19th 2013, 5:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Mrs just booked summer holiday flights back, 2650. A380 too.
Old May 19th 2013, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Millhouse
If you get the syrup as well they can get very expensive if you drink one every day!

Last edited by The_Citizen; May 19th 2013 at 5:22 am.
Old May 19th 2013, 5:20 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Lattes are so last week
Old May 19th 2013, 9:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob
I would say it's because the call centres are woeful. I'm still waiting for my money back from a cocked up booking (their fault) from December last year. I've have wasted huge amounts of time on the phone to their call centres all to no avail.

At this rate I'll be mailing you too Meow....
You're unlikely to get far via their call centre. Let's just say they have staffing issues there. Might as well email me now...
Old May 19th 2013, 4:01 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice big cappucino and two huge, buttery croissants for breakfast this morning in La Brioche: just under AED10 equivalent. There are some perks here
Old May 19th 2013, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Nice big cappucino and two huge, buttery croissants for breakfast this morning in La Brioche: just under AED10 equivalent. There are some perks here
Interesting. Are the buns cheaper too?
Old May 19th 2013, 5:55 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Are the buns cheaper too?
You don't get many to the pound.
Old May 19th 2013, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You don't get many to the pound.
It's expensive per pound?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.