Emirates cuts flights

Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates cuts flights

Emirates cuts flights on five U.S. routes as restrictions hit demand | Zawya UAE Edition

Detailing changes to flight schedules, she said: "This is a commercial decision in response to weakened travel demand to the U.S."

Direct flights to Fort Lauderdale and Orlando would drop to five a week in May from daily flights, while Seattle and Boston flights would be reduced to a daily service in June from two flights a day, the statement said.

Twice daily Los Angeles flights would also be reduced in July to one a day, it added.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:47 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates cuts flights

I go to DFW 3-4 times per year with my job and the flights used to be totally overbooked even when they had a 777 and a 380 daily. Last two flights I took were barely half full and they only run one 777 daily now.

I'd say Emirates pricing and the downturn in oil and the gulf in general have had more of an effect than the laptop bans and trump. Etihad and Qatar flights to US are still very busy.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:49 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

What I'd like to know is whether people are flying with other airlines, presumably US ones. I wouldn't be surprised if numbers are down but it would be interesting to know how much is due to people simply not travelling to the US and how much is people switching carriers to reduce restrictions.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm still travelling (ignoring the US bit), but I'm being smarter with my flights with Emirates. I've always got my return and playing with dates, origins and order can save a fortune.

That being said, the last minute flight I might need to get back next week is looking prohibitively expensive.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
I go to DFW 3-4 times per year with my job and the flights used to be totally overbooked even when they had a 777 and a 380 daily. Last two flights I took were barely half full and they only run one 777 daily now.

I'd say Emirates pricing and the downturn in oil and the gulf in general have had more of an effect than the laptop bans and trump. Etihad and Qatar flights to US are still very busy.
This is also my take on it.

The laptop ban only happened about 25 days ago. It's too early to tell to cut back flights and lose the landing slot (that is normally very hard to get in the first place and harder to get back). You'd only make the decision to cut after months of losses.

The Trump thing is spin over a much darker truth in my opinion.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The question is when will they merge with Etihad.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:27 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I really think that is merely a matter of time.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Both parties keep saying it won't happen but I really can't see it going any other way in the long term.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Why?
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:39 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why?
Right now there are two airlines for one small country and they are effectively doubling up. Economies of scale, overheads etc means that one day someone will make a purely economic decision.

Etihad is the national carrier and AD like to have that but Emirates is bigger and far better known, so it'll end up being all branded Emirates.

One day...
Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
Right now there are two airlines for one small country and they are effectively doubling up. Economies of scale, overheads etc means that one day someone will make a purely economic decision.

Etihad is the national carrier and AD like to have that but Emirates is bigger and far better known, so it'll end up being all branded Emirates.

One day...
Is there not too much pride?
Old Apr 20th 2017, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates effectively taking over Etihad would be nice payback for the Burj Dubai humbling!
Old Apr 20th 2017, 12:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still travelling (ignoring the US bit), but I'm being smarter with my flights with Emirates. I've always got my return and playing with dates, origins and order can save a fortune.
Ain't that the truth. Last time I travelled Emirates Perth - Manchester - Perth, it was over AU$10,000 for each business class ticket.

My latest purchase, Manchester - Perth - Manchester, £5,300 for two bc tickets. Crazy! It's not as if there's twice as much difference in the fuel price if the flight originates in Australia
Old Apr 20th 2017, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Ain't that the truth. Last time I travelled Emirates Perth - Manchester - Perth, it was over AU$10,000 for each business class ticket.

My latest purchase, Manchester - Perth - Manchester, £5,300 for two bc tickets. Crazy! It's not as if there's twice as much difference in the fuel price if the flight originates in Australia
Try originating in Emirates home of Dubai. It's a joke.

DXB - Tokyo - DXB = AED4,900
London - DXB - Tokyo - DXB - London = AED 4,700
Old Apr 20th 2017, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Try originating in Emirates home of Dubai. It's a joke.

DXB - Tokyo - DXB = AED4,900
London - DXB - Tokyo - DXB - London = AED 4,700
IT's a shocker:

DXB-B'ham : 3460 AED
DOH-DXB-B'ham: 2635 AED
B'ham-DXB: 1872 AED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.