Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dune Bashers Beware....

Dune Bashers Beware....

Old Oct 24th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Dune Bashers Beware....

Am feeling sick reading this...

A dune basher got more than he bargained for when his 4x4 ploughed into a ditch full of raw sewage. The vehicle had to be pulled out by a rescue truck after sinking in the stinking mess, near Jebel Ali port. Its driver, a British expat, was forced to get out of his car and wade through the pungent pit so he could attach the tow rope.

It is believed the sewage was dumped by tanker drivers trying to avoid queues at Al Awir treatment plant. Tow truck driver Frank Murray said: “It is a whole pond of human excrement - the man was up to his knees in it.
“There were billions of flies and the guy was nearly passing out because of the fumes.“It’s a typhoid outbreak waiting to happen.“I don’t know how these tanker drivers get away with it. That was the worst job I’ve ever undertaken in Dubai in 35 years.”

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php...t%20Old%20Mess

And they are worried about stray cats spreading disease - duffers.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dune Bashers Beware....

Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

omg, can you imagine...no, hold on, i don't want to think about it...

but, those poor guys in the sewage lorries, waiting for hours on end, some of them are bound to do something like this, you somehow can't blame them, it's the system that is screwed up...

MM, xx
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. The blame lies squarely on the authorities.....
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't believe the amount of wagons up by International City ! those poor guys must have to wait days and days
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I couldn't believe the amount of wagons up by International City ! those poor guys must have to wait days and days
No...The wait is for one day...At a time...
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
No...The wait is for one day...At a time...
oh don't talk bollox, have you ever seen that queue, there is no way it only takes a day...tell you what, you sit in it, and let us know how you get on...

MM, xx
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by IndieG
Am feeling sick reading this...

A dune basher got more than he bargained for when his 4x4 ploughed into a ditch full of raw sewage. The vehicle had to be pulled out by a rescue truck after sinking in the stinking mess, near Jebel Ali port. Its driver, a British expat, was forced to get out of his car and wade through the pungent pit so he could attach the tow rope.

It is believed the sewage was dumped by tanker drivers trying to avoid queues at Al Awir treatment plant. Tow truck driver Frank Murray said: “It is a whole pond of human excrement - the man was up to his knees in it.
“There were billions of flies and the guy was nearly passing out because of the fumes.“It’s a typhoid outbreak waiting to happen.“I don’t know how these tanker drivers get away with it. That was the worst job I’ve ever undertaken in Dubai in 35 years.”

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php...t%20Old%20Mess

And they are worried about stray cats spreading disease - duffers.
Only way round this is to cut body parts off them as a consequence.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh don't talk bollox, have you ever seen that queue, there is no way it only takes a day...tell you what, you sit in it, and let us know how you get on...

MM, xx
You have just reached the winter of my discontent...Oh, and I'm saying it nicely with a loving smile on my face...
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You have just reached the winter of my discontent...Oh, and I'm saying it nicely with a loving smile on my face...
it looks like a grimace from where i'm sitting...

MM, xx
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it looks like a grimace from where i'm sitting...

MM, xx
Ahhh there you are...I was hoping I'd see you...You've been missed...
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahhh there you are...I was hoping I'd see you...You've been missed...
awww...i never knew you cared...

MM, xx
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

awww...i never knew you cared...

MM, xx
Surprised, non???
Old Oct 26th 2008, 6:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

omg, can you imagine...no, hold on, i don't want to think about it...

but, those poor guys in the sewage lorries, waiting for hours on end, some of them are bound to do something like this, you somehow can't blame them, it's the system that is screwed up...

MM, xx
'waiting for hours?', hey sounds ok to me, tell the twats to take a book!

These guys should be arrested then deported, do you have any idea how dangerous this is? the lazy bastards,

And also, how difficult is it to get them to fill some form in, or have some sort of electronic card so when they do dump it it is ticked off so they know for sure that the tanker has been emptied in the correct place?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

One evening about a week ago, I was heading out of the Jebel Ali Industrial estate going towards the Emirates Road and there were two sewage tankers parked up right next to the duel carriageway dumping their waste. One was dumping onto the sand and the other directly onto the road.

These guys are not even trying to hide what they are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.