Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dubai - your metro guide....

Dubai - your metro guide....

Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:01 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai - your metro guide....

All you wanted to know...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dubaimetro_en.pdf (2.59 MB, 272 views)
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:16 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai - your metro guide....

Originally Posted by Autonomy
All you wanted to know...
Won't open for me......
Do you think though it will smell as good as the orange from Cessnock to
St Georges X ? Lovely, musty, dank from the Molendiner
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:59 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Won't open for me......
not sure why... sorry Eva.... it probably will in the gold class 1/2 carriage western expats and GCC use it..... maybe moist too
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
not sure why... sorry Eva.... it probably will in the gold class 1/2 carriage western expats and GCC use it..... maybe moist too
Gaaaaaads Auto TMI!!!
Ya know what I mean if you were ever on the SPTE Underground.
Anyway,think it's my Word which isn't letting it open from PDF.
x
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai Expats Guide to Metro

get a taxi!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Dubai Expats Guide to Metro

get a taxi!
Yea - changed economic circumstances means the old 'I-had-to-wait-over-an-hour' chestnut is a thing of the past. Last time I was in Dubai I had three empty taxis fighting each other to pick me up.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Give it a chance folks!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I lived right by a metro stop and worked right by a metro stop, I'd give it a chance.

But I don't. There's no incentive to take the metro anywhere in Dubai, not even for boozing, as I would still need to take a taxi from the metro stop to my villa. A year ago I might have even bothered to take the metro to go to the Creek in Bur Dubai as a means to avoid the intense traffic jams of the area, but that's disappeared thanks to the credit crunch.

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Give it a chance folks!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
If I lived right by a metro stop and worked right by a metro stop, I'd give it a chance.

But I don't. There's no incentive to take the metro anywhere in Dubai, not even for boozing, as I would still need to take a taxi from the metro stop to my villa. A year ago I might have even bothered to take the metro to go to the Creek in Bur Dubai as a means to avoid the intense traffic jams of the area, but that's disappeared thanks to the credit crunch.
if they want to make it suceed they need to vastly increase the number of buses and have a fully integrated public transport system (also get rid of the stupid rule with a few seats for women only) and then vastly increase taxatin on petrol and cars.

I ran a Mustang in Dubai and now don't even own a car in Singapore. the only annoying thing here is the surcharges on Taxis at certain times of day. I can't use a bus when I have hockey training due to the size of my hockey kit. I need to take 3 taxis which end up costing me 30 quid. thats a lot of money just to go training.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
if they want to make it suceed they need to vastly increase the number of buses and have a fully integrated public transport system (also get rid of the stupid rule with a few seats for women only) and then vastly increase taxatin on petrol and cars.

I ran a Mustang in Dubai and now don't even own a car in Singapore. the only annoying thing here is the surcharges on Taxis at certain times of day. I can't use a bus when I have hockey training due to the size of my hockey kit. I need to take 3 taxis which end up costing me 30 quid. thats a lot of money just to go training.
They also need to open more than NINE stations!!

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...ch/Article.htm
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You think we might be fortunate to see Japanese types on the Metro???
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:58 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Won't open for me......
Ahh... The Clockwork Orange.. I used to have the garden flat right next door to Cessnock station.. I always called it Cessnock as no self-respecting Aberdonian would EVER admit to living in Ibrox...
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:29 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Ahh... The Clockwork Orange.. I used to have the garden flat right next door to Cessnock station.. I always called it Cessnock as no self-respecting Aberdonian would EVER admit to living in Ibrox...
so you lived beside the PRW then, you blue nose
Old Aug 30th 2009, 6:00 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
so you lived beside the PRW then, you blue nose
I certainly did.. One day even chanced having a pint in The District.. Durrant pics and shirts everywhere...

My local was in Tradeston, the Lord Nelson. I was there token sheep shagger. Was only allowed to drink there 48 weeks of the year, as was banned from attending said establishment the week before the Aberdeen- Rankers games, lest any pre-match ribaldry went too far...
Old Aug 30th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

During Ramadan, the Metro will operate from 6am to midnight, apart from Fridays when operating hours will be 2pm until midnight. Initially, the trains will run at a rate of six per hour, or every ten minutes. Normal operating hours will be 6am to 11pm, except Fridays, when it will operate from 2pm
so on a Friday it will only operate from 2pm ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.