Dubai Pet Show

Old Jan 29th 2013, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Pet Show

Has anybody been to previous shows? If so, are there any of the usual Dubai event issues with queues and/or parking? It only costs Dhs10 (kids free) to enter as a spectator. Any observations or comments would be very much appreciated as my daughter is urging me to take her this year.
http://dubaipetshow.com/index.php
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:00 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Pet Show

Is this the event that the kid was mauled at a by a poorly controlled dog a year or 2 ago..?
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Pet shows are a horrible idea. Let's put our pets in tiny cages for the day for the entertainment of others.

TGFK - a dog was attacked and killed by another dog last year. http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...ed-at-pet-show

That kind of thing should never happen, yet the show is on again. I wonder if it'll get cancelled once a child is mauled.

Mentalist, if may be a cheap day out, but it's a bad thing to support and promote. Possibly dangerous too.

Last edited by Meow; Jan 29th 2013 at 6:04 am. Reason: Weird Freudian typing
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Pet shows are a horrible idea. Let's put our pets in tiny cages for the day for the entertainment of others.

TGFK - a god was attacked and killed by another dog last year. http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...ed-at-pet-show

That kind of thing should never happen, yet the show is on again. I wonder if it'll get cancelled once a child is mauled.

Mentalist, if may be a cheap day out, but it's a bad thing to support and promote. Possibly dangerous too.
Im guessing Ganesh.... The dog wouldnt let go of the trunk......
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Im guessing Ganesh.... The dog wouldnt let go of the trunk......
Oops! I think I need coffee.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably safer than global village.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:32 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Millhouse
It's probably safer than global village.
I love Global Village, but have never trusted the rides and keep well away from that part. Shame there had to be a death for people to realise the importance of safety.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Mentalist, if may be a cheap day out, but it's a bad thing to support and promote...
If you read this bit, I'm not so sure that all pet lovers will agree with you.

"The poodle's death is the first such incident in the show's 24 years. Last year the event raised Dh100,000 for the pet charities K9 Friends and the Sharjah Cat and Dog Shelter."
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:51 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by mentalist
If you read this bit, I'm not so sure that all pet lovers will agree with you.

"The poodle's death is the first such incident in the show's 24 years. Last year the event raised Dh100,000 for the pet charities K9 Friends and the Sharjah Cat and Dog Shelter."

And if you read my post, you'll see that I wasn't only talking about the death being cruel. I also don't think that any animal death at a show is acceptable. Putting animals on show isn't kind to many animals and many pet lovers will agree with me. Fortunately this show is only for dogs which can often cope better than other animals in such environments.

I've just looked at their (horribly busy) website. (Yet another one that can't use an apostrophe properly as they have written FAQ's.) I see they have had to update their rules this year and they are also posted in Arabic...
Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:05 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed. I thought this was going to be about The York International Hotel.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

TGFK - a dog was attacked and killed by another dog last year. http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...ed-at-pet-show .
was right next to that, was a total ****ing shambles, organizers had no idea what to do about it and it WILL happen again.

As I said we were there last year and the number of clearly fighting dogs being paraded by locals was actually scary. Think dogs you have no ****ing hope of controlling if they get angry wearing their scars with pride. Utter thundercnuts
The police, security and organizers are absolutely ****ing clueless.
do yourself and the pets of dubai a favour and stay well clear of it
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:24 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
was right next to that, was a total ****ing shambles, organizers had no idea what to do about it and it WILL happen again.

As I said we were there last year and the number of clearly fighting dogs being paraded by locals was actually scary. Think dogs you have no ****ing hope of controlling if they get angry wearing their scars with pride. Utter thundercnuts
That sounds exactly like the York International.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva

They wanna act/show how tough they are, not to mention intimidate others, especially expats. Bunch of pathetic shits, you get the same sort of characters in the US, some gangbangers and or criminal types love to have pet Pit Bulls, Rotts, Dobermans .

My buddy was a professional working dog supplier/trainer for Law Enforcement and security; Rottweiler, German Sheperds, Alsatians.

Buddy was 6' 2" , which helped in showing these powerful dogs who is boss, which according to him you have to do otherwise it can be dangerous for both the dog and others. These dogs are quite good at sensing if the owner is too weak (not necessarily physically) , so one has to train them to understand who is master.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:44 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
[They] are quite good at sensing if the owner is too weak (not necessarily physically) , so one has to train them to understand who is master.
York.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 9:36 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
They wanna act/show how tough they are, not to mention intimidate others, especially expats. Bunch of pathetic shits,this was clearly the case with most of them although 1 or two did look hard as nails. the rest the usual blow over in a breeze kind you get the same sort of characters in the US, some gangbangers and or criminal types love to have pet Pit Bulls, Rotts, Dobermans .

My buddy was a professional working dog supplier/trainer for Law Enforcement and security; Rottweiler, German Sheperds, Alsatians.

Buddy was 6' 2" , which helped in showing these powerful dogs who is boss, which according to him you have to do otherwise it can be dangerous for both the dog and others. that's what got us, these people clearly have no idea just how powerful the dogs are and were barley in control of the calmish dogs, when those animals get riled there is no way on earth they could dominate the animal and or subdue itThese dogs are quite good at sensing if the owner is too weak (not necessarily physically) , so one has to train them to understand who is master.
yup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.