Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Dubai Eye journalist killed

Dubai Eye journalist killed

Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Eye journalist killed

35-year-old New Zealander Rebecca Davidson, newsreader.............. RIP

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Dubai-Ey...ail/story.html
Old Feb 9th 2013, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Eye journalist killed

RIP
Old Feb 10th 2013, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely tragic. One of my good friends best friends. Only met her a handful of times but a top girl.

RIP Becks.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So upset about this, which was why I didn't post about it yesterday. I knew and have worked with Bex. She was lovely.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 7:34 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I enjoyed listening to her banter with Malcolm on the Business Breakfast - that kiwi farm-girl tomboy schtick she had was great, quite at odds with her slightly rictus-grin TV appearances. She came across as natural and funny and very likeable on the radio. Hard to believe she is gone just like that - too sad!!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I enjoyed listening to her banter with Malcolm on the Business Breakfast - that kiwi farm-girl tomboy schtick she had was great, quite at odds with her slightly rictus-grin TV appearances. She came across as natural and funny and very likeable on the radio. Hard to believe she is gone just like that - too sad!!
Are you getting her mixed up with Brandy Scott? She is the co-host of Business Breakfast.

The only newsreader I remember on Business Breakfast on a regular basis is Lucy Taylor (who has survived the boating accident with just a broken arm, reportedly).

BTW - 0/10 to the idiot producer/techie that played, at 12.48pm this lunchtime, the advert from last week ("Lucy and Rebecca will be reporting from the Seychelles......")
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by The Dean
Are you getting her mixed up with Brandy Scott? She is the co-host of Business Breakfast.

The only newsreader I remember on Business Breakfast on a regular basis is Lucy Taylor (who has survived the boating accident with just a broken arm, reportedly).

BTW - 0/10 to the idiot producer/techie that played, at 12.48pm this lunchtime, the advert from last week ("Lucy and Rebecca will be reporting from the Seychelles......")
No, I'm not mixing her up. She became a more frequent radio newsreader in the past year or so and there were a few topics that Malcolm used to gently wind her up about, including her lack of sentimentality for animals, given her agricultural background and fondness for cars or motorbikes (can't remember which). I am familiar with Lucy as well but impossible to mistake her generic English accent for Rebecca's pure fush and chups Kiwi. Also quite different from Brandy in style and sound. Oddly, now that I think of it, I can't remember Rebecca and Brandy exchanging much banter (a word and concept I normally hate but which BB actually does well).
Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Bex
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What is this garbage anyway? Weird sort of 'tribute'. 'Farm girl tomboy schtick'??? A simple "RIP" would have been better.............
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

What is this garbage anyway? Weird sort of 'tribute'. 'Farm girl tomboy schtick'??? A simple "RIP" would have been better.............
Oh, look! Someone with the same outlook as me....
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:12 pm

I was trying to actually remember and acknowledge the person. I didn't know her personally but she made an impression through her broadcasting beyond reading the poorly scripted radio news. There was certainly nothing disrespectful intended and I struggle to see how it could be inferred. She seemed lively and funny and clever and she very much had a "schtick" (a word that your comment suggests you don't actually understand) in her joking about. Obviously you weren't listening to the same programmes that I was (hence also your comment about me mixing her up with Brandy). If you had been I would hope my comment would have struck a chord and made you smile, which is, I think, the nicest way to remember anyone.

And frankly "a simple RIP" seems like a meaningless token and not any kind of tribute at all. If you want to query weirdness of tributes, your morbid avatars would seem a far more logical target.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody, sadly, died of misadventure. You didn't know her personally.

Life, however, goes on.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Somebody, sadly, died of misadventure. You didn't know her personally.

Life, however, goes on.
And so, unfortunately, do you apparently. Exactly what point are you trying to make here on a thread about the death of somebody that most of us did not know personally but whom many of us did experience through her broadcasting?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And so, unfortunately, do you apparently. Exactly what point are you trying to make here on a thread about the death of somebody that most of us did not know personally but whom many of us did experience through her broadcasting?
You're obviously having a 'Diana' moment.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:27 am
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OleJanx
You're obviously having a 'Diana' moment.

I always wondered why people didn't commemorate lady Di in a more appropriate way - By having a gang bang in a mine field !.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.