Dubai Do's

Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Dubai Do's

Im going back to the Uk as a few of my friends are coming over... typical ! They have been here before & i took them to MOE my fav restaurants etc etc... I need some new suggestions, they never did the Desert Safari so thats a must any other good restaurants that i might not have been to or any other Dubai must do's ?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Do's

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Im going back to the Uk as a few of my friends are coming over... typical ! They have been here before & i took them to MOE my fav restaurants etc etc... I need some new suggestions, they never did the Desert Safari so thats a must any other good restaurants that i might not have been to or any other Dubai must do's ?
Bab Al Sham - Beer, Shisha and Shwarms on the rooftop is pretty nice.

Nightime Big Bus Tour
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kim67
Bab Al Sham - Beer, Shisha and Shwarms on the rooftop is pretty nice.

Nightime Big Bus Tour
Nice ideas.... Is Al Maha or Bab Al Shams closer ? They are staying at the Royal Mirage

You know what its like ppl come over & i always do the same things
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure - someone else will probably know.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kim67
I'm not sure - someone else will probably know.
Thanks.... In case you havnt tried it the other half & I tried Azur restaurant at the Harbour Hotel, i would recomend it very nice food & not that pricey
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Definitely get them to do the safari, but tell them not to bother with the stop over option (if available). Friends of mine came and stayed the night, they were seriously pissed off because the bar closed as all the daytime people went home and they were just sent to bed.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:46 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i think bab al sham's is closer but Al Maha is much nicer IMHO
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Nice ideas.... Is Al Maha or Bab Al Shams closer ? They are staying at the Royal Mirage

You know what its like ppl come over & i always do the same things
i don't think you'd just go out to al maha for a meal/day trip though...and why bother with bab al shambles if they are staying at the one and only...

as others have said, desert safari is a must...the big bus tour is good, plus dubai museum and take an abra across the creek, there is an abra tour as well which is a nice way of spending an hour, atlantis/wild wadi...as for restaurants, there are millions of good ones, give us a clue what sort of food they fancy and we can give some suggestions...

MM, xx
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:52 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i don't think you'd just go out to al maha for a meal/day trip though...and why bother with bab al shambles if they are staying at the one and only...
as others have said, desert safari is a must...the big bus tour is good, plus dubai museum and take an abra across the creek, there is an abra tour as well which is a nice way of spending an hour, atlantis/wild wadi...as for restaurants, there are millions of good ones, give us a clue what sort of food they fancy and we can give some suggestions...

MM, xx
good point, there is not really a lot to do at Al Maha, in fact its more for residents to get away from the hustle bustle of city life and relax..agree??
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:28 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

If they are coming over now make sure they are aware of the do and do nots of Ramadan...

N.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can skip the Dubai museum. The abra across the creek and a visit to the gold and spice souks is interesting for a few hours. Just go in the evenings when your friends can actually drink water in the heat.

If your friends are interested in a long day trip, head over to the East coast via the Kalba road. It's a very pretty drive through some of the more scenic desert and mountains, and spend the afternoon at the Sandy Beach. The east coast has a different vibe from Dubai and I enjoy popping over there when I can. Besides, the water is considerably cooler on that side of the Hajar mountains.

I'm not a big fan of Ravi's (cheap meat), but plenty of people enjoy the place and its setting in Satwa. Karama is probably a higher quality bet for good Indian food.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Thanks.... In case you havnt tried it the other half & I tried Azur restaurant at the Harbour Hotel, i would recomend it very nice food & not that pricey
Yes agreed - but up to 52nd floor for early evening cocktails

which you cant do during Ramadan of course, soz

Last edited by Timmy Molloy - London Boy; Aug 26th 2009 at 5:44 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

The Arabian Nights thing at Bab al Shams is really good for visitors. Good food, and the entertainment is good. Well worth the money and I think there is a coupon for it in the Entertainer. It is about 100dhs for a taxi or ask if BaS has a pick up service from 1 of their other hotels.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

PANORAMA, THE RATTLESNAKE,IMPERIAL SUITE AND THE YORK, should take care of all your cultural needs.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by co durham boy
PANORAMA, THE RATTLESNAKE,IMPERIAL SUITE AND THE YORK, should take care of all your cultural needs.
LOL ! Panorama ???? Thats a new one on me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.