Dry January..........

Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:28 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dry January..........

So I managed to go the whole month with no Alcohol, something I have not done since I was probably 13 years old.........

Things I noticed:-

I have proven that I am not an Alcoholic which is a good thing, I am addicted to having a drink I enjoy at night so Ginger & Elderflower with soda water is my new addiction.

Its not alcohol that makes me a *larger* chap

I am tired in the morning regardless of having a bottle of wine

I have more fun on a night out whilst inebriated

I don't need a drink to help me sleep

I will not drink as much again as I have not missed the hangovers

If the kind folks that promised to sponsor me or anyone else that wants to donate to Cancer Research could please PM me and I will send the link to my justgiving page.

Thank You
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Dry January..........

Well done mate.

I think I'm about a month done now too. Much easier that I thought it would be and beer CLEARLY makes me fat(ter).

Congrats
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:43 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I think the tiredness in the morning could be a lack of REM sleep
maybe you need to burn some more calories during the day

I always have a good nights sleep the day Ive been to the gym, regardless of numbers of hours slept, even 4-5 hours sleep and I wake up good to go

Ofcourse I drown it with pints and pints if everything fails

kudos to you btw mate!
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:45 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Well done mate.

I think I'm about a month done now too. Much easier that I thought it would be and beer CLEARLY makes me fat(ter).

Congrats
Well done to you I have not changed size at all, Though the cordial I drink is probably more fattening than alcohol! I agree, it was easier than I thought - I had visions of me becoming a sweaty insomniac.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:47 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I think the tiredness in the morning could be a lack of REM sleep
maybe you need to burn some more calories during the day

I always have a good nights sleep the day Ive been to the gym, regardless of numbers of hours slept, even 4-5 hours sleep and I wake up good to go

Ofcourse I drown it with pints and pints if everything fails

kudos to you btw mate!
Thank you. You may be right about the exercise, I find if I have been out on the boat or in the desert on a friday I am knackered.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
So I managed to go the whole month with no Alcohol, something I have not done since I was probably 13 years old.........

I have proven that I am not an Alcoholic which is a good thing, I am addicted to having a drink I enjoy at night so Ginger & Elderflower with soda water is my new addiction.

If the kind folks that promised to sponsor me or anyone else that wants to donate to Cancer Research could please PM me and I will send the link to my justgiving page.

Thank You
Well done. I said I'd sponsor you if you made it and so I will do so. Can you PM or email me the link?
x
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 9:26 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Meow
Well done. I said I'd sponsor you if you made it and so I will do so. Can you PM or email me the link?
x
Many Thanks Meow. Link sent
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britexpat76

Thank You
Congratulations!

When I don't drink at the weekends it is good to wake up on a Friday and Saturday morning without a hangover. I am pretty useless with a hangover!